Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Morning Show Anouncement On 98.7?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
claymed7

Re: Morning Show Anouncement On 98.7?

Post by claymed7 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 pm

I'm still stunned that there are so many people that get excited about the blandest musical crap that really excites nobody except them - I mean this station will flip within a year of the new change, and then we'll get the regular six month posting of why isn't there a smooth jazz station? It's too bad the most of these conglomerates just gave up coming up with something new and unique format wise and are treading out the same old crap. No wonder satellite radio is kicking their butt.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:16 pm

claymed7 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 pm
I'm still stunned that there are so many people that get excited about the blandest musical crap that really excites nobody except them - I mean this station will flip within a year of the new change, and then we'll get the regular six month posting of why isn't there a smooth jazz station? It's too bad the most of these conglomerates just gave up coming up with something new and unique format wise and are treading out the same old crap. No wonder satellite radio is kicking their butt.
I give it longer than a year, but the novelty will wear out in possibly 6 Months, My Wife is 48 it’s in her demographic, she had it tuned in on the home stereo and car system for about a week the first thing she said was “why are they repeating songs so quickly” well she went back to 93.9 for some reason she likes “The River”, me on the other hand I’m 63 and love traditional oldies so I’m tuned in to AM 580 or an AM talk show or sports.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:51 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:18 pm
This is your thread RadioKev. Lmao.
He's tried over and over to derail the 98.7 Song Requests thread that I started but it's still going strong. According to his profile, that's been his favorite thread.

claymed7

Post by claymed7 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:52 am

I agree with you RadioKev - AM580 and sports are my next go to if I can't find something on college radio - I am so sick of the bland music being played over and over and over. I really enjoyed some of the programming I've found on CJAM and WHFR among others. I just want to be challenged by what I hear and not the same 40 to 50 songs.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:50 am

Isn't this a thread about a morning show? Talk about gums ( or keyboards, if you will ) babbling. I have no predictions other than someone from the market who's not currently working.
Sirius is just as repetitive as OTA radio, IMHO. Especially the niche channels.
Jock wise, with a few exceptions, most of them I wouldn't put on overnights in Saginaw.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:51 pm

armchair pd wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:50 am
Isn't this a thread about a morning show? Talk about gums ( or keyboards, if you will ) babbling. I have no predictions other than someone from the market who's not currently working.
Jock wise, with a few exceptions, most of them I wouldn't put on overnights in Saginaw.
I'll not argue that in the last 5 years or so, SiriusXM is getting worse with more and more talking.
But I triple dog dare you to stand in a mall and ask 100 people "What would you rather hear in the morning, music or mouth?".

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:51 pm
armchair pd wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:50 am
I'll not argue that in the last 5 years or so, SiriusXM is getting worse with more and more talking.
But I triple dog dare you to stand in a mall and ask 100 people "What would you rather hear in the morning, music or mouth?".
Sirius isn’t bad for 60’s and 70’s music... their 80’s MTV VJ gimmick repeating the same 40 songs in a row endlessly all weekend and playing the same boring 10 songs the rest of the time makes ihearts worst efforts look like the pinnacle of radio... just play music...

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:48 am

[/quote]
Dare accepted. Then I'll got to a different mall and ask 100 different people and get a different result. You can manipulate research to get any answer you want by the way you frame the question. It's bullshit
Sirius isn’t bad for 60’s and 70’s music... their 80’s MTV VJ gimmick repeating the same 40 songs in a row endlessly all weekend and playing the same boring 10 songs the rest of the time makes ihearts worst efforts look like the pinnacle of radio... just play music...
[/quote]

And Nina Blackwood's nails on a chalkboard scotch and cigarette voice makes me want to stab my eardrums out. I'd rather listen to Dahmer.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:34 am

The audio on Sirius/XM sounds like shit. I can't stand it. As for The Breeze, some of us worked in AC radio when AC was still AC... long before it was invaded by Pink or Katy Perry, pseudo rap music, or EDM. Some of these songs/artists have not been on-air for years. If some of you rubes out there don't like it, don't listen.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:58 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:34 am
The audio on Sirius/XM sounds like shit. I can't stand it. As for The Breeze, some of us worked in AC radio when AC was still AC... long before it was invaded by Pink or Katy Perry, pseudo rap music, or EDM. Some of these songs/artists have not been on-air for years. If some of you rubes out there don't like it, don't listen.
And now they’re in repeats on 98.7, I love repeats that’s great radio, 3 and 4 hour rotation good stuff!

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:43 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
I like what they are playing. I'm hoping they don't roll out "on-air personalities" so I can continue to hear more of what they are playing.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:42 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
The audio on Sirius/XM sounds like shit. I can't stand it.
Some channels are better than others, but overall most of the audio sounds like it was dubbed off limewire using aol dial up 20 years ago.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic