Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Family First

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Family First

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:24 pm

Fort Walton Beach is about 13 miles from Niceville.

FWB woman sentenced for having sex with adopted son

A 26-year-old Fort Walton Beach woman has been sentenced to six years in prison for having sex with a teen she later adopted.

Lauren Michelle Myres, a former employee of the Family First Network, was sentenced Thursday, according to a press release from the First Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office.

The charges arose in May 2018 when law enforcement received a crime stopper tip alleging an inappropriate relationship between Myres and the 17-year-old victim.

Myres was the caseworker originally assigned to the child. She eventually decided to foster the boy and ultimately adopted him. After the adoption was finalized it was discovered that Myres had been having sex with him.

Myers admitted to the sexual relationship, stating it happened “seven to eight times” between March 26 and May 30, her arrest report from the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office said. She and the boy had sex at Myres’ homes on Kruse Drive and Pocahontas Drive, both in Fort Walton Beach.

“I can’t say I’ve ever seen a case like this where an adoption occurred and sex occurred shortly thereafter,” said Florida State Attorney Bill Bishop Thursday. “There have been cases of older women having sex with young boys across the country, but this is the first I’ve ever seen.”

Myres had previously entered a plea of no contest to the charge on Dec. 11. She was also designated a sexual offender as a result of her conviction and will have to register as such for the rest of her life.

Upon her release from prison, she will be placed on sex offender probation for four years and have to complete sex offender counseling. She also can have no contact with the victim or any minors.

“Our office recommended a sentence of eight years followed by probation,” Bishop said. “Ultimately, it was up to the court and that was the sentencing imposed by Judge Jeff Brown. I think based on the facts and circumstances, it was an appropriate sentencing.”

Following the arrest, the boy told deputies he did not believe his sex with Myres was wrong because “he was not being raped and was about to be 18.”

Myres, who in 2015 earned a degree in criminal justice from the University of West Florida, had been employed by the Families First Network for about two-and-a-half years, according to a June statement from Tish Pennewill, a spokeswoman for the Lakeview Center of Baptist Hospital, which oversees the Families First Network.

Pennewill did say there were “no red flags” from Myres that indicated unexpected behavior.

“We have a culture that dictates rigorous requirements for having good people, people with the heart to do the type of service we do,” Pennewill said to the Daily News in June.

Myres was fired immediately after Families First Network officials learned of her arrest, she added. Her access to company buildings and equipment was removed.

Myres had been divorced from her husband for nine days when she was arrested. The couple sought dissolution of the marriage in April.

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20181 ... dopted-son

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14803

Re: Family First

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:38 pm

What a bunch of sick ass people.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:06 pm

In 99.9% of the cases of this sort of thing I’m pretty sure the adults are the only ones complaining... the young boy in the situation probably feels like a stud for landing an older woman so fast... there was a time when nobody cared about this stuff and it was normal or at the very least not terribly alarming...

17 and 26 isn’t even that big of a gap... 9 years... whoop dee do...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:12 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:06 pm
In 99.9% of the cases of this sort of thing I’m pretty sure the adults are the only ones complaining... the young boy in the situation probably feels like a stud for landing an older woman so fast... there was a time when nobody cared about this stuff and it was normal or at the very least not terribly alarming...

But, she's his mother. :blink

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:12 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:06 pm

But, she's his mother. :blink
Her “adopting” a 17 year old (!) at 26 should have been a clue... the folks at that agency are idiots... what good does it do to adopt a 17 year old who is about to become an adult anyways? That and she should have not adopted the kid and had a relationship once he turned 18... surely that would have passed whatever arbitrary test somebody had for illegal sex acts... people who go nuts over this stuff make me ill... did it ever occur to anybody that the amount of times this kind of stuff happens makes it kinda normal and ordinary rather than shocking and something to lose your mind over?

What’s the age of consent in Florida?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:43 pm

She had been divorced for nine days. A woman that age has certain needs that must be met.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:43 pm
She had been divorced for nine days. A woman that age has certain needs that must be met.
Well... I’ll venture a guess that she had been needing some servicing for some time... surprised you didn’t do the hot or not thing... her picture was there if you slide the picture over...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:47 pm

Definitely a NOT.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:27 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:47 pm
Definitely a NOT.
My reaction too... but plenty of NOT types end up with kids so there must be a paper bag sale going on somewhere?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:52 am

A 17 year old not getting lucky anywhere else might settle for her.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:46 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:52 am
A 17 year old not getting lucky anywhere else might settle for her.
Ouch...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic