Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

ENTERCOM STATIONS OFF THE AIR !

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
riggs

Re: ENTERCOM STATIONS OFF THE AIR !

Post by riggs » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Generators can fail too, you know................

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:46 pm

You can run a format off a PC or Mac with the right software. You don't need much power or generators to do that. Then you could have battery powered STLs, assuming there is not some rule that forbids it. With LED lights and desk lamps, you could do the whole operation for days. No coffee, toast, or microwaved food though. I'm sure some freaky fast delivery restaurant would trade food for courtesy announcements. Get creative and prepare for such emergencies.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

non-anon bob

Post by non-anon bob » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 am

They came back on one-by-one, as I was driving to work during this time frame...First 99.5, then Newsradio 950, then 104.3, then 97.1...98.7 The Breeze was still silent when I got out of my car @ 11:25am. This was probably an intentional staggered "power-up," so as not to cause a H*** power surge. Detroit Edison must need to provide millions of kilowatts in the "transmitter saturated" Southfield area?...Large Charge!

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:07 am

non-anon bob wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 am
They came back on one-by-one, as I was driving to work during this time frame...First 99.5, then Newsradio 950, then 104.3, then 97.1...98.7 The Breeze was still silent when I got out of my car @ 11:25am. This was probably an intentional staggered "power-up," so as not to cause a H*** power surge. Detroit Edison must need to provide millions of kilowatts in the "transmitter saturated" Southfield area?...Large Charge!
Not to mention "The High Wattage Cottage" in Ferndale!

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:02 pm

This catastrophic failure had nothing to do with transmitters. It most likely had something to do with either a power failure at the studios (one of the risks of putting all stations under one roof) or the flimsy STL. This may be "old school" but MICROWAVE (even with multiple hops) beats bouncing from one telco to another. If you need evidence, try listening to WWJ during a severe weather event, and count how many times the STL drops.

However, my guess is a power failure or computer crash. But losing all stations? That's alarming.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:22 pm

As of this morning, the 1270 online stream was 97.1 instead of CBS Sports Radio. Hopefully they fix it ASAP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic