Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Signs of Hope

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 8570

Signs of Hope

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:15 am

Every once in a while as I’m driving I’ll spot signs for political candidates that lost still bravely standing amongst the weeds hoping to pull out a win from the jaws of defeat...

Couple I noticed yesterday:
1) John James / Bill Schutte signs (Schutte sign was large and wooden, already collapsing) along US-127 north of Lansing.

2) Brian Calley for Governor sign along M-59 in Highland. Pristine as the day it was put down.

3) John James sign at the bottom of the ramp from I-69 to Dort Hwy. in Flint.

4) Patrick Colbeck for Governor sign (!) just west of Gaylord along M-32 crushed by the debris from repeated snow plowings but it’s still there nonetheless.

Anybody else still seeing leftover political signs over a month later?

moldyoldie

Re: Signs of Hope

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:04 am

I've seen a couple dilapidated Shri signs off freeway exits in Detroit.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Circle Seven

Loser Billboards

Post by Circle Seven » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:11 pm

You should stop and grab the signs. A lot of them are perfectly good sheets of plywood.
I've done that a half dozen times thru the years. A couple of days after the election, stop and take a sign down.
They're on the side of the road, they are open game anyway. Good wood for different projects.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic