Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Evangelicals power coming to an end

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Evangelicals power coming to an end

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:39 pm

One tremendous benefit of Donald Trump's presidency is the dissolution of the Evangelical Church as a political force. Apparently some of them aren't blind tools for the Republican Party and have decided to leave these organizations. Praise the Lord
...a growing movement among millennials that is reshaping the evangelical church and the nation’s political landscape. Since the 1970s, white evangelicals have formed the backbone of the Republican base. But as younger members reject the vitriolic partisanship of the Trump era and leave the church, that base is getting smaller and older. The numbers are stark: Twenty years ago, just 46 percent of white evangelical Protestants were older than 50; now, 62 percent are above 50. The median age of white evangelicals is 55. Only 10 percent of Americans under 30 identify as white evangelicals. The exodus of youth is so swift that demographers now predict that evangelicals will likely cease being a major political force in presidential elections by 2024.
https://www.newsweek.com/2018/12/21/eva ... 55745.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Evangelicals power coming to an end

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Evangelicals were always awful at broadening their message to make it sustainable...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:45 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:32 pm
Evangelicals were always awful at broadening their message to make it sustainable...
They've been played by every Republican since GWB. They're pretty slow on the uptake...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:02 am

Evangelicals? Like the ELCA, accepting per capita contributions from the government for taking in refugees? They've been completely coopted and corrupted by government money. Same as many other places of worship, like Presbyterians, Methodists, Episcopalians, Baptists, Roman Catholics, and Reform Jewish Congregations. Many left out, I'm sure. LCMS seems the least corrupted, for now.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:42 am

Just curious, how are those protestant denominations as entrenched as these mega church political machines? I don't see it, be specific...

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:50 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:39 pm
One tremendous benefit of Donald Trump's presidency is the dissolution of the Evangelical Church as a political force. Apparently some of them aren't blind tools for the Republican Party and have decided to leave these organizations. Praise the Lord
...a growing movement among millennials that is reshaping the evangelical church and the nation’s political landscape. Since the 1970s, white evangelicals have formed the backbone of the Republican base. But as younger members reject the vitriolic partisanship of the Trump era and leave the church, that base is getting smaller and older. The numbers are stark: Twenty years ago, just 46 percent of white evangelical Protestants were older than 50; now, 62 percent are above 50. The median age of white evangelicals is 55. Only 10 percent of Americans under 30 identify as white evangelicals. The exodus of youth is so swift that demographers now predict that evangelicals will likely cease being a major political force in presidential elections by 2024.
https://www.newsweek.com/2018/12/21/eva ... 55745.html
Praise duh Lord!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:58 am

TC Shuts Up - you must be a Missouri Synod promoter.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:17 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:58 am
TC Shuts Up - you must be a Missouri Synod promoter.
I was recently in an LCMS church for a Christmas Concert. I noted nothing that aggressively promoted Social Gospel Themes. I was accosted by a disheveled ~20 YOWF, a block north of the church, a few days later, who appeared to have some kind of an injury, and wanted "a ride". I thought it might be a setup and declined. I called the LCMS Outreach at the church to see if they were familiar with the girl. They said I was right to decline, not that I should have given her a ride because she appeared to be homeless. No guilt trip. They said they would BOLO for her. I'm not insensitive. I felt bad for her, but not bad enough to get robbed, beat up, or murdered.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic