Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Talk Talk

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Deleted User 14803

Talk Talk

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:34 pm

80’s UK music is like 70’s Canadian Music you just can’t get enough of it, Another underrated group from England is the band “Talk Talk”, if you like English bands this one is great, They’re biggest hit in the USA was “It’s My Life” other tunes that are cool” Living In Another World” and “Life’s What You Make It” anyone else into “Talk Talk”.

TC Talks

Re: Talk Talk

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:58 pm

Listening to my promotional release copy of "It's My Life" on the SL1200 just today.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:07 pm

I have that LP in Quad UK Import Limited Edition, On Capital EMI, I bought that overseas in London in 1986 paid $20.00 US.Of course it’s out of print today on LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:12 pm

I used to have an account at School Kids. I was a club jock and would get almost everything out of the UK before anyone in Detroit.

I got a call from a program director at WDTX livid I was spinning music they didn't even have yet.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 am

It's not breaking news, but No Doubt were fans of Talk Talk, covering "It's My Life" and "Don't Speak".

Some may ask, "If ND liked TT so much, why did they kill their songs?", but I didn't hold TT that high on the pedestal - then or now. For the casual listerner, Gwen & Co. did a fine job.

The ND versions were more a reminder for people like me who were around when the originals were 'currents', and a nice tribute that introduced TT songs to another generation - and quite possibly a much larger audience - than would have experienced them otherwise.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:28 pm

kager wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 am
It's not breaking news, but No Doubt were fans of Talk Talk, covering "It's My Life" and "Don't Speak".

Some may ask, "If ND liked TT so much, why did they kill their songs?", but I didn't hold TT that high on the pedestal - then or now. For the casual listerner, Gwen & Co. did a fine job.

The ND versions were more a reminder for people like me who were around when the originals were 'currents', and a nice tribute that introduced TT songs to another generation - and quite possibly a much larger audience - than would have experienced them otherwise.
Am I missing something here ? Talk Talk doesn’t have a song called “Don’t Speak” It’s not on all my LPs and I have Imported Material as well.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Don't see "Don't Speak" by Talk Talk on YouTube either???

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:57 pm

I’m a big fan of the group and have 23 albums 12 which are imports and no song entitled” Don’t Speak”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic