Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The impeachment/indictment thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: The impeachment/indictment thread

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:21 am

After reading through this thread, it occurred to me that none of it matters. We KNOW who he is and what he is. Mueller could come out tomorrow with a videotape of Trump saying "Yes. I colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election", and nothing would change. People wear Trump's behaviors and actions as a badge of honor. The worse of a human being he is, the worse things he says, the worse things he does, people love him. So, my question is, what IS going to be the tipping point? At what point do the hypocrites finally say "Wow. I can't stand behind that. He needs to go"? They LOVE that Trump games the system and cuts corners and gets around things and says inflammatory things. Know why? Because they can't.

As I explained to my girlfriend the other night, like him or not, Donald Trump, aside from the supposed millions of dollars, is as close to a true president OF the people that you could get. Loud, rude, obnoxious, self-serving, greedy, blames others to deflect...if that isn't the typical average American, I don't know what is. They seem to have this delusion that, even though he couldn't have given a shit less about the common man ever, suddenly, Trump is in it for THEM. They think if they kiss enough ass that they'll get into the club, too (to paraphrase Carlin). They love that Trump won't release his tax returns. And even if he cheated, they love that, because it's what they want to do, too. I just don't see what's so hard about being a decent human being and doing what's right.

So what is it? Why so enamored? Is it the things he says? Because for not being a politician, he sure acts like one. Saying things just for the votes, for the press. Just to troll and inflame. In the end, Trump and his people have it figured out. Feed into that hate, to that fear. The white man in this country has been held down far too long! Others are at fault for your shortcomings, not you! You're getting ripped off! It's not fair! My opponent is the cause of it! Look at her! Look at her! And the only person that can fix it so that you're number 1 again? ME! Couldn't have planned it any better. Liberals don't help the cause either, by playing RIGHT into it. So in truth, the guy can't lose. He can't do anything wrong, he gets the credit for all the good things, and no amount of evidence can change their minds. It's one of the greatest ploys I've ever seen in my life. I wish I had thought of it. And the irony of it is, a vast majority that celebrate the likes of Donald Trump are the same people that were behind the "Restoring Honor and Integrity to the White House" slogan in 2000. Now they celebrate that the president and the White House have neither!

So I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. Trump WILL get away with anything and everything. Anything bad is fake news and set up by the left. I don't know why the distractions and deflecting...it's been proven that regardless, people will get behind Trump. Nothing's shocking anymore.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:21 am
After reading through this thread, it occurred to me that none of it matters. We KNOW who he is and what he is. Mueller could come out tomorrow with a videotape of Trump saying "Yes. I colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election", and nothing would change. People wear Trump's behaviors and actions as a badge of honor. The worse of a human being he is, the worse things he says, the worse things he does, people love him. So, my question is, what IS going to be the tipping point? At what point do the hypocrites finally say "Wow. I can't stand behind that. He needs to go"? They LOVE that Trump games the system and cuts corners and gets around things and says inflammatory things. Know why? Because they can't.

As I explained to my girlfriend the other night, like him or not, Donald Trump, aside from the supposed millions of dollars, is as close to a true president OF the people that you could get. Loud, rude, obnoxious, self-serving, greedy, blames others to deflect...if that isn't the typical average American, I don't know what is. They seem to have this delusion that, even though he couldn't have given a shit less about the common man ever, suddenly, Trump is in it for THEM. They think if they kiss enough ass that they'll get into the club, too (to paraphrase Carlin). They love that Trump won't release his tax returns. And even if he cheated, they love that, because it's what they want to do, too. I just don't see what's so hard about being a decent human being and doing what's right.

So what is it? Why so enamored? Is it the things he says? Because for not being a politician, he sure acts like one. Saying things just for the votes, for the press. Just to troll and inflame. In the end, Trump and his people have it figured out. Feed into that hate, to that fear. The white man in this country has been held down far too long! Others are at fault for your shortcomings, not you! You're getting ripped off! It's not fair! My opponent is the cause of it! Look at her! Look at her! And the only person that can fix it so that you're number 1 again? ME! Couldn't have planned it any better. Liberals don't help the cause either, by playing RIGHT into it. So in truth, the guy can't lose. He can't do anything wrong, he gets the credit for all the good things, and no amount of evidence can change their minds. It's one of the greatest ploys I've ever seen in my life. I wish I had thought of it. And the irony of it is, a vast majority that celebrate the likes of Donald Trump are the same people that were behind the "Restoring Honor and Integrity to the White House" slogan in 2000. Now they celebrate that the president and the White House have neither!

So I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. Trump WILL get away with anything and everything. Anything bad is fake news and set up by the left. I don't know why the distractions and deflecting...it's been proven that regardless, people will get behind Trump. Nothing's shocking anymore.
I understand what you're saying but at the end of the day, thankfully, we're still a nation of laws. We're past the days of hanging or acquitting cattle rustlers, black men (kinda-sorta), or adulteress based solely on our sympathies. Unless those in the judicial system are irreparably compromised (which I suppose is another topic altogether) the rule of law will prevail. I believe those entrusted with that responsibly do so solemnly and seriously.

Part of the problem is (as with most criminal behavior) perpetrators seem to have the belief they are either above the law or it shouldn't/doesn't apply to them. Maybe they just don't care. Something like that looks to be the case with TrumpCo. Fortunately history proves otherwise. Our nation has faced far greater threats than a two-bit real estate huckster grifting money and power. Truth finds a way.

As for the supporters, there's little anyone can do about their convictions which is why adhering to the rule of law is the only way we keep this country from bursting apart into anarchy. What will be interesting is how the Trump supporters who wear the rule of law on their sleeve with respect to the 2nd amendment, immigration and such will be willing to hold those same principles if the President is found to have broken laws. Personal integrity. A quaint notion perhaps but I believe it still matters. As do, I'd like to think, most people.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:21 pm

The judicial branch isn't political when charges are brought. If not federal, then the states will be effective. The courts see his brand of bullshit every week.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:52 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:21 pm
The judicial branch isn't political when charges are brought. If not federal, then the states will be effective. The courts see his brand of bullshit every week.
That may be as true a thought as you've ever written. I like the economy of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:52 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:21 pm
That may be as true a thought as you've ever written. I like the economy of it.
I amaze even myself when I try.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Trump Campaign Apparently Coordinated Illegally with NRA in TV Ads

An investigation by Mother Jones and The Trace reveals the Trump campaign and the National Rifle Association appear to have coordinated TV ads during the 2016 race in violation of federal campaign finance law. Documents show the NRA and Trump both used the conservative PR firm National Media Research, Planning and Placement to place the ads, and that same executive at the company authorized all of the ads. Former Federal Election Commissioner Ann Ravel said, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a situation where illegal coordination seems more obvious.”

― Noam Chomsky

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:28 pm

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York released information that it gained cooperation from AMI, parent company of the National Inquirer regarding hush money payment to Karen McDougal to keep her quiet about Trump during the 2016 campaign.

The two valuable point with this are, first, it's the Southern Dist. of NY office that's doing the work here, not Mueller so shutting down the Special Prosecutor won't have any bearing on this investigation. Second, if you're interested in what this means, look no further than the John Edwards case. In his similar case he was charged with six felony counts with a possible 30 year prison term. He was found not guilty on one count and the others were declared mistrial. Fair to say while Edwards beat the charges, Trump may not be as lucky. More importantly does the President survive long enough with having felony counts pending to stay in office prior to trial?

Spin it how you wish but this is a significant setback for Trump.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Jan 15 baby

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:28 pm
The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York released information that it gained cooperation from AMI, parent company of the National Inquirer regarding hush money payment to Karen McDougal to keep her quiet about Trump during the 2016 campaign.

The two valuable point with this are, first, it's the Southern Dist. of NY office that's doing the work here, not Mueller so shutting down the Special Prosecutor won't have any bearing on this investigation. Second, if you're interested in what this means, look no further than the John Edwards case. In his similar case he was charged with six felony counts with a possible 30 year prison term. He was found not guilty on one count and the others were declared mistrial. Fair to say while Edwards beat the charges, Trump may not be as lucky. More importantly does the President survive long enough with having felony counts pending to stay in office prior to trial?

Spin it how you wish but this is a significant setback for Trump.
Trumps presidency is currently ablaze whether his followers admit it or not...

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:47 am

The walls are closing in on DJT. Pence Chief of Staff some kind of 36 year old wonder kid won't even touch that chief of staff job for DJT and says he is going to high tail it back to Georgia to run some Super Pac. They are just counting down the days when Trump has no choice but to throw in the towel. Pence is warming up in the bullpen.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:47 am
The walls are closing in on DJT. Pence Chief of Staff some kind of 36 year old wonder kid won't even touch that chief of staff job for DJT and says he is going to high tail it back to Georgia to run some Super Pac. They are just counting down the days when Trump has no choice but to throw in the towel. Pence is warming up in the bullpen.
Yeah, he looked pretty engaged at that meeting with Pelosi and Schumer...

(I can't decide which description the Twitter-verse has offered I like best: "Elf on a Shelf", "Manila envelope taped to a beige wall", "Madame Tussaud’s rolled in this Mike Pence wax figure" or "Great audition for the lead in "Weekend at Bernie's". Actually I did just read my favorite: "Mike Pence was there too. He contributed several nods to the discussion.")

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:17 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:47 am
Yeah, he looked pretty engaged at that meeting with Pelosi and Schumer...

(I can't decide which description the Twitter-verse has offered I like best: "Elf on a Shelf", "Manila envelope taped to a beige wall", "Madame Tussaud’s rolled in this Mike Pence wax figure" or "Great audition for the lead in "Weekend at Bernie's". Actually I did just read my favorite: "Mike Pence was there too. He contributed several nods to the discussion.")
Apparently he's just trying to stay out of the fray, waiting his turn which will be sooner rather than later

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:47 pm

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:47 pm
Leave it to Mark Twain to say something like that... :lol

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:29 pm

Meanwhile, Trump wants to sue SNL for pointing out how fucked he is...
The breadth of investigations is so sweeping — as many on social media and reporters with the Washington Post, the Associated Press, and Bloomberg News have already noted — that few of the worlds Trump inhabits have escaped prosecutors’ attention. The Trump Organization, the Trump Foundation, the Trump family, the Trump campaign, the Trump transition, the Trump inauguration, and the Trump White House are all being probed for wrongdoing.

The Trump team’s possible collusion with Russia to sabotage and tilt the 2016 election, a probe spearheaded by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, pulls many strands of the investigations together. Trumplandia’s intersection with Russia may have started with business propositions more than a decade ago (such as the Trump SoHo hotel and condominium), and included more recent undertakings like a project in Moscow, before evolving into a political partnership during the 2016 campaign after Trump’s presidential prospects brightened

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic