Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

“Baby It’s Cold Outside” RAPE!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: “Baby It’s Cold Outside” RAPE!

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:00 pm

You must be pretty busy calling the stations that play main stream rap "babby".

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:28 pm

It's a completely secular song. It's barely a seasonal song. It's about as much of a Christmas song as Oh Hanukkah is. I won't miss it. Shouldn't the Barenaked Ladies doing Oh Hanukkah then also be controversial though?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jLqG3BqMC8E

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:20 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:43 pm
WE DID IT!!!!

I’m beyond orgasmic!

https://fox8.com/2018/11/29/wdok-stops- ... -movement/
Yawn... 5000 children died of starvation and dehydration in Africa this week... meanwhile you were outraged over a 3 minute song...

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:23 am

Intentionally or not, this is the best radio PR stunt since the most recent "dihydrogen monoxide" dust-up, circa April 2013.

You can't buy this kind of publicity.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:23 am

The radio station in question is owned by Entercom, one of the big players like iHeart, Cumulus and many others. As those of you inside the business know, programming decisions in these companies are not made on a local level but higher up the corporate chain, by the consultant or corporate programming boss. Weekly, the PD's or Brand Managers, get the list of adds and drops to make and may get another list of a few tunes they can add at their discretion, depending on who the consultant or programming decision maker is. What I find interesting is that this station ran 2 polls, one on their Facebook page which clearly showed that 95 percent of those who responded had no issue with the song. The other poll, on their website, which kept the results hidden went the other way, or so we are told. I would bet a nice lunch that Entercom had every intention of dropping this song from day 1 but had to put on a "show". If memory serves this station is not that highly rated so the company used it to test the decision and to gain lots of free publicity for it which they have. I wonder if by week's end all Entercom stations will drop it or considering that the majority of publicity generated has been negative, if they will leave this as their only property to not play the song. If you go to various news sites, left and right leaning, and read the comments left by those who have chosen to leave one, you will see few if any positive comments. Facebook comments on various sharings of the story show nothing but negative comments and the majority left by women, who are the one's who should be most offended by this song. The old axiom any publicity is good publicity as long as the names are spelled right is hard at work here. Entercom wanted advertising they couldn't afford to buy and got it. Only time will tell if it will work for or against them. I do know a list of the station advertisers has been put together and a boycott of said businesses is being planned because of the decision. These hardly ever work, but it does show that despite what the station has said, this is not a popular decision. At my stations, requests for this tune have started coming in since the story broke. The public speaks....

kager

Post by kager » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:55 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:43 pm
I’m beyond orgasmic!
High probability new batteries are to blame.

Your use of the phrase does heighten the audience's potential for an involuntary personal protein spill, though... :barf

Meanwhile, don't rest until you've had the song expunged from the movie, Elf. You'll probably want to use a platform other than the Buzzboard going forward.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Elf and every other radio station, don't forget sat rad, that continue to play it. The easiest way to go forward from here would be a national advertising campaign demanding the song be banned from everything. You have the money to pay for it right?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:15 pm

I don't believe many people see anything threatening in the song. We're just being wayyyy to politically correct.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Just for funsies, I'm playing it on a loop at my house. LL, you're welcome to join.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:48 pm

Considering the memes making fun of the situation that are starting to show up on social media, it appears the general public at large is having a good time poking fun at the people behind this decision. Maybe there is bad publicity after all.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:18 pm

For LL, the only thing worse would be if the song was being sung by a cop.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:25 pm

TT, your comment should be bronzed and made into the award for best comment ever!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Agreed. TT wins the internet today.

-TurkeyTop

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:07 am

Educated people understand the song was written in a different time and in the context of movie it is an innocent flirtation. Only warped minds think anything different. Yes, your mid is warped in ways that no one can fix. You keep saying we, what did you personally have to do with this station dropping the song? Simple question, can you possibly answer it directly? What did you do that made this station make the horrible decision it did. And why stop at one song? Those of the Jewish faith, Muslim and Jehovah's Witness faiths do not celebrate Christmas at all and could be offended by Christmas music so why not just get on your soapbox and ban it all since millions could be offended by any Christmas song.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 am

https://youtu.be/ugLbotr1RuQ

I realize Bill Maher may not be a fan favorite around here, but it's THIS kind of stuff that endears me to his message.

-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic