Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oldies Stations

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14803

Re: Oldies Stations

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:59 pm

I,think CKWW/Bell Media could do Oldies on FM but it would have to be 88.7 or 93.9 ,I do believe that they can’t have another full power in Windsor ,they can only has 2 Full power AM’s and 2 full power FM’s and perhaps a translator but the laws could have changed.If anyone knows chime in please.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:48 am

I was reading an article yesterday on the return and boom of Traditional (Soft) AC, and how advertisers are finally starting to "get it", that people 55+ have more money to spend and listen more than the younger demos, and it got me thinking.... if the new Soft AC format comebacks continue to do as well as they are now (or better), then what is stopping Oldies stations from making a comeback too?
That is NOT the main reason major broadcasters are "warming up" to Soft AC.

WFEZ in Miami, The Sound in Seattle, and KISQ in Seattle are all posting strong Adult 25-54 numbers. THAT is the reason you are suddenly seeing a big commitment to the format from Entercom and iHeart.

In fact, if you read the PPM ratings analysis link I posted last night, you will see that WFEZ in Miami is even a top three station in Adults 18-34! That station has shown itself to have very strong broad based appeal.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:10 pm

KISQ (98.1 The Breeze) in San Francisco is actually THE top music station in their market.

I'm glad, I love that station to death.

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic