Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

President Bush 41 passes away

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

President Bush 41 passes away

Post by zzand » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:18 am

"George Herbert Walker Bush, the 41st president of the United States, has died at age 94.
His death was announced by his family Friday night. The president's health had been in decline in recent months.
"George Herbert Walker Bush, World War II naval aviator, Texas oil pioneer, and 41st President of the United States of America, died on November 30, 2018. He was 94 and is survived by his five children and their spouses, 17 grandchildren, eight great grandchildren, and two siblings," the former president's office said in a statement. "He was preceded in death by his wife of 73 years, Barbara; his second child Pauline "Robin" Bush; and his brothers Prescott and William or "Bucky" Bush."
His son George W. Bush, who served as the country's 43rd president, released a statement of his own from the family.
"Jeb, Neil, Marvin, Doro, and I are saddened to announce that after 94 remarkable years, our dear Dad has died," George W. Bush said. "George H. W. Bush was a man of the highest character and the best dad a son or daughter could ask for. The entire Bush family is deeply grateful for 41’s life and love, for the compassion of those who have cared and prayed for Dad, and for the condolences of our friends and fellow citizens."

Mega Hertz

Re: President Bush 41 passes away

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:24 am

I knew it wouldn't be long after Barbara. I'm never happy to see someone lose a life, even if I disagree with them politically. Hopefully him and Bar are together and happy.

Side note: I miss his brand of Republican.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:04 am

Thank you, Mr. President, for signing the ADA.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:11 am

For a one term President, he accomplished a lot. Not everything he did was smart, but for the most part, he was a very competent President.

Unfortunately, he looked and acted his age by '92 and didn't seem very interested in campaigning. That - and Slick Willy's hipness factor - deprived a deserving man of reelection.

Mr. Bush was a great statesman, and I admire him for that. I still remember nearly 200,000 gathering in downtown G.R. around the 4th of July to see him ride in an annual parade and deliver a speech. This was shortly after we declared victory in Iraq/Kuwait.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:01 am

Wow... He was the first president I have an actually memory of, meaning him being president. I very much remember gulf war 91. Now, this was how a president should be in terms of how one acts in office. I miss having someone normal and well adjusted running the country.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:19 am

Bush was a fine and decent human being and a true patriot. He always put his duty to his country ahead of his own personal interests.

Rest in peace, Mr. President.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:19 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:11 am
For a one term President, he accomplished a lot. Not everything he did was smart, but for the most part, he was a very competent President.

Unfortunately, he looked and acted his age by '92 and didn't seem very interested in campaigning. That - and Slick Willy's hipness factor - deprived a deserving man of reelection.

Mr. Bush was a great statesman, and I admire him for that. I still remember nearly 200,000 gathering in downtown G.R. around the 4th of July to see him ride in an annual parade and deliver a speech. This was shortly after we declared victory in Iraq/Kuwait.
Perot split the vote. Bush would have had a good shot of winning re-election if Perot never appeared on the scene.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:40 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:19 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:11 am

Perot split the vote. Bush would have had a good shot of winning re-election if Perot never appeared on the scene.
He would have crushed Bubba...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm

My son stood in line and was able to honor GHWB last night. This, while our current President was tweeting like an idiot.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm
My son stood in line and was able to honor GHWB last night. This, while our current President was tweeting like an idiot.

He was an incredibly accomplished man...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:30 pm

I kinda wanna make one of those that you would get at Trump's funeral.

"Honoring the life of Donald J. Trump"

President of the United States 2017-2025 (Face it, he's gonna get reelected).

Was treated VERY unfairly by everyone.

It was all the Democrats' fault.

He made the tallest buildings.

Tremendous president. People said the best in history.

Grabbed all the pussy.

Grabbed the best pussy.

Everything was rigged.

Hillary.

-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:30 pm
I kinda wanna make one of those that you would get at Trump's funeral.

"Honoring the life of Donald J. Trump"

President of the United States 2017-2025 (Face it, he's gonna get reelected).

Was treated VERY unfairly by everyone.

It was all the Democrats' fault.

He made the tallest buildings.

Tremendous president. People said the best in history.

Grabbed all the pussy.

Grabbed the best pussy.

Everything was rigged.

Hillary.
:rollin

He was FAR less accomplished...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:35 pm

Bush the elder was President a little bit before my time of really paying attention to politics, so I'm a bit young to really comment on his Presidency.

I do wonder though, do all the people who have a glowing opinion of him now - did they have the same glowing opinion of him while he was actually President? Politicians' approval ratings seem to skyrocket immediately upon death.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:35 pm
Bush the elder was President a little bit before my time of really paying attention to politics, so I'm a bit young to really comment on his Presidency.

I do wonder though, do all the people who have a glowing opinion of him now - did they have the same glowing opinion of him while he was actually President? Politicians' approval ratings seem to skyrocket immediately upon death.
I think everyone is glowing over him because of what represents the Republican party today. In those days, you could disagree with him on a political level and not make it personal and hateful. I was far too young to have an opinion on politics but do remember the election of 1992. It was nowhere near the level of what's out there today.

-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:35 pm

They remember a simpler time and long for it... all the while they could simply implement it in their own lives and it would spread.. gee what a thought...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic