Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WJR Traffic

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
ascher2

WJR Traffic

Post by ascher2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Why are there so many changes at the WJR traffic department I heard John Bailey. Kevin Sanderson, and other recycled voices.

Deleted User 3751

Re: WJR Traffic

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:39 am

WJR resigned with Total Traffic and Weather Network (iheart) because Radiate Media who was contracted to do traffic went under. All the traffic reporters that were with Radiate were let go. That is why you hear the same line up that WWJ had for mornings, midday, and afternoon drive.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:39 am

I see Kevin O'Neill is still doing traffic reports on WJR. Was he also part of Radiate Media, or does he actually work for WJR?

iloveblackpeople

Post by iloveblackpeople » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:21 am

I'm pretty sure Kevin O'Neill works for WJR as he is a fairly constant presence in discussions with Mitch Albom.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Big Signal wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:39 am
That is why you hear the same line up that WWJ had for mornings, midday, and afternoon drive.
So does WWJ use Radiate or did they switch to another provider? I always thought their traffic was done in-house.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Big Signal wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:39 am
WJR resigned with Total Traffic and Weather Network (iheart) because Radiate Media who was contracted to do traffic went under. All the traffic reporters that were with Radiate were let go. That is why you hear the same line up that WWJ had for mornings, midday, and afternoon drive.
Wasn't the decision by Cumulus to drop USTN the leading cause for them (USTN) to shut down the radio division? They still do T.V.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:03 pm

So does WWJ use Radiate or did they switch to another provider? I always thought their traffic was done in-house.
WWJ started doing their traffic in house in April of 2017, before that they were with Total Traffic (iheart).

As far as Cumulus, I'm not sure of the details but Radiate Media no longer does radio traffic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic