Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

BIAS!

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

BIAS!

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:30 am

You all crucify me for pointing out when cops violate people’s rights and when reporters/anchors show a clear bias, like favoring police.

Here’s another in the long list:

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018 ... t-gop-sen/

Unbelievable!

Bias, racist, and profane! And now, FIRED!!!

lovinlife101

Re: BIAS!

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:36 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:13 pm
I hope you won't be mad, but...last week, on my way to work, I stopped at Tim Horton's to get a coffee, and to purchase some donuts for the cop shop down the street where I work. Small town, not much to do, thought they would like some snacks. An officer was waiting behind me in line. In addition to purchasing the donuts, I told the cashier I would like to pay for this officer's coffee. He was very gracious and thanked me profusely. When I was handed my box of donuts, I told him they would be waiting for him at his station.

A small deed that probably went a long way. And nobody got hurt or murdered.

Please don't hate me.
Your situation appears consensual and voluntary. Cops aren’t used to that social construct. They know only force. They threaten people with a cage and if they don’t comply, they shoot them.

“When I was handed my box of donuts, I told him they would be waiting for him at his station.”

:rollin :rollin :rollin

You bought donuts for a cop and rather than giving them to him right there to enjoy and take back to the station, you withheld them from him and made him drive to his own station to get them?!

:rollin

If I see you at a pizza shop behind me in line, I’ll say. “Hey! I just bought you a pizza! Rather than logically and kindly giving it to you now, I’m dropping it off to your work so you have to drive all the way there to enjoy it rather than me having to move it six inches to hand it to you right here!”

Talk about mean! Guess you’re not “pro-police!” :rollin

Oh, and did you purchase other stereotypical foods for other groups since we know everyone in those groups loves those things!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:43 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:01 am
What if he wasn't going back to the station? Remember, I paid for his coffee and handed that right to him.

And I've yet to meet anyone that doesn't like donuts.

Dick.
Name-calling simply reveals your ignorance and lack of an argument.

Let’s unpack your logic using your own words:

“What if he wasn't going back to the station?”

“I told him they would be waiting for him at his station.”

See what you did there? Think before you type.

So you purchased donuts for this cop TELLING HIM they would be waiting for him AT HIS STATION! Then, you ask, trying to defend your ignorance, “What if he wasn’t going back to the station?”

So you didn’t buy them for him? That’s the logical progression you’re going for here.

I’m doubting this whole story. Why? Because I’m skeptical. I’m skeptical of anyone. It’s called being street smart and not naive.

“I bet you're a pretty good fisherman because it's all in knowing the right bait to use.”

Better use better bait if you want to step to this.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:22 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:02 am
A couple of weeks ago, I saw an officer playing catch with a couple of neighborhood kids. Will the wonders ever cease?
Were the kids of legal consenting age? Did the parents even know? Why was the cop playing with children instead of doing his job?

Oh, that’s right, he’s a cop! Rules don’t apply to him!!!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:31 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:02 am
A couple of weeks ago, I saw an officer playing catch with a couple of neighborhood kids. Will the wonders ever cease?
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:49 am
That's true. He was awarded the first down way short of the marker.
There’s no “first down” while “playing catch.”

:rollin :rollin :rollin

I don’t believe any of your stories or any cop regardless of how far I can throw them.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:34 am
I'm thinking about donating a nice Thanksgiving meal to my local precinct for those that have to work the holiday. How's that sound?
Sounds great! But why stop there? Why not volunteer to be that precinct’s Meals on Wheels and donate every meal? Couldn’t be any worse than your obesity-causing, diabetes circles you claim to have bought for someone, then drove it to their station, then wondered whether they would ever get it.

As long as it is an adult, consentual agreement, it’s no care of mine.

That’s the problem with cops: force. They force their way. Reason? Argument? Persuasion? NOPE! Who needs that when you have FORCE?!

Don’t like it that an unarmed black man is selling single cigarettes? Don’t try to talk to him about it! Choke him out and kill him! That’s what they did!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:09 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:52 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:22 am
Why was the cop playing with children instead of doing his job?
Oh, that’s right, he’s a cop! Rules don’t apply to him!!!
In many areas community engagement and public relations is part of the job.
Playing catch with some kids was doing his job.
But as many of us already know about you, your hatred of police is so intense you are incapable of rational thoughts about them or what they do day to day.
100% wrong. But thanks for playing.

Nowhere in any police policy handbook or the training academy will you read where playing with children is part of a cop’s job.

Here’s whose job it is. The parents. And if not parents, volunteer organizations like Big Brothers Big Sisters. By replacing a parent and/or a volunteer with an overpaid, uniformed hall monitor with a lifetime pension, you just made the situation worse.

Stop thinking it’s the police’s job to parent the kids, to teach kids, to clean up someone’s mess. It’s not! Rather than holding people responsible, cops are enabling irresponsible behavior by doing what others should be doing UNPAID!

Is the president’s job community involvement and public relations? Do you think he would catch heat for throwing a football with kids in Harlem? You bet! And he should! It’s not a high priority! Especially when others should be doing it unpaid!

Why stop at football? Let’s see more cops bagging groceries, tutoring math, shoveling sidewalks, cleaning up roadkill, passing out coupons, going to Cedar Point with underprivileged kids, adopting pets, substitute teaching, life guarding, and bussing tables at a local restaurant!

Oh, that’s right, we already have other people to do that.

So the next time you see a cop reenacting The Room with kids, think about all the more important things they are intentionally ignoring and what a waste it is.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:46 pm
This may not be the most appropriate time to tell you but Bill Harris is my nextdoor neighbor. I'm raking his leaves tomorrow for $20.
$20? Ripoff!

I’d charge you only $15 to do mine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic