Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Wild Off The Wall Idea

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: A Wild Off The Wall Idea

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:33 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:35 pm
You need someone with Brass Balls, she's got them...
But I think they're rattling around in her head...
Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program.
Hamas is a humanitarian organization.
I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels.
Pass the bill to find out what's in it
Saddam Hussein certainly has chemical and biological weapons. There's no question about that.
Then, a few years later...
That's why they (the Bush administration) had to make up that story about weapons of mass destruction. Because that was the only thing that would sell to the American people, and that wasn't true.
Elect us, hold us accountable, and make a judgment and then go from there. But I do tell you that if the Democrats win, and have substantial majorities, the Congress of the United States will be more bipartisan.
Bipartisanship is nice, but it cannot be a substitute for action, not having it cannot prevent us from going forward.
We should only deport ILLEGAL aliens if the do something ILLEGAL.
Every Month that we do not have an economic recovery package, 500 Million Americans lose their jobs.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:34 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:26 am
Ok before I get kicked out of here on my ass hear me out:

Nancy Pelosi is unpopular nationally and several red state Democratic representatives that are newly minted have promised not to vote for her. Speculation is that Pelosi can pull out the win in a vote for the speakership.

The Speaker of The House does not need to be a member of The House or even a citizen of the country actually. The Democrats appear to need a unifying force to rally them together and satisfy the various needs of their expanded coalition. I don’t think Pelosi cuts it on those metrics.

Given the lack of a requirement for membership in the House I would float the idea of electing former President Obama who remains extremely popular with Democrats and has about a 60% approval nationally as the speaker. No Democrat (or few) would revolt at that idea and Obama can compete and go toe to toe with Trump without a problem.

I realize it’s all off the wall but if there is ever going to be any time that a non-house member would potentially take the reins it would seem to be right now... surely it would be interesting for entertainment value alone...
NS logic: "It wasn't bad enough that Obama was one of the worst presidents in this country's history, he also needs to be one of the worst Speakers!"
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:54 am
No, I want someone to stand up and tell the Republicans "No. Our way or the highway. Doesn't feel too good, does it?"
You mean like: "let's pass the bill, then see what is in it!"? PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!!! TRY TO OUT-TRUMP THE PRESIDENT!!!! It has worked so well for everyone who has tried! You do realize we're going to control 55% of the UPPER chamber and 100% of the executive branch, right? Or are you too stupid and classless to understand basic math?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:42 pm
Fascinating idea - naming Obama “Speaker of the House”. Is it legal to have someone who is ineligible to become President in the line of succession? Does the Constitution “imply” that the Speaker would be a member? Would the Republicans immediately go to court with 12 other arguments as soon as this happened?
I think it would be... the Speaker does NOT have to be a citizen of the United States. It can literally be whomever a majority wants. That said I'm thinking that they would be skipped in the line of succession in that scenario. Obama might be skipped as well because of term limits which would be a shame just for the fact that he has at least done the job so he'd transition into it easily.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:34 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:26 am
Ok before I get kicked out of here on my ass hear me out:

Nancy Pelosi is unpopular nationally and several red state Democratic representatives that are newly minted have promised not to vote for her. Speculation is that Pelosi can pull out the win in a vote for the speakership.

The Speaker of The House does not need to be a member of The House or even a citizen of the country actually. The Democrats appear to need a unifying force to rally them together and satisfy the various needs of their expanded coalition. I don’t think Pelosi cuts it on those metrics.

Given the lack of a requirement for membership in the House I would float the idea of electing former President Obama who remains extremely popular with Democrats and has about a 60% approval nationally as the speaker. No Democrat (or few) would revolt at that idea and Obama can compete and go toe to toe with Trump without a problem.

I realize it’s all off the wall but if there is ever going to be any time that a non-house member would potentially take the reins it would seem to be right now... surely it would be interesting for entertainment value alone...
NS logic: "It wasn't bad enough that Obama was one of the worst presidents in this country's history, he also needs to be one of the worst Speakers!"
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:54 am
No, I want someone to stand up and tell the Republicans "No. Our way or the highway. Doesn't feel too good, does it?"
You mean like: "let's pass the bill, then see what is in it!"? PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!!! TRY TO OUT-TRUMP THE PRESIDENT!!!! It has worked so well for everyone who has tried! You do realize we're going to control 55% of the UPPER chamber and 100% of the executive branch, right? Or are you too stupid and classless to understand basic math?
And while you have 55% of the upper chamber and 100% of the executive branch we'll use our 55% of the lower chamber to make your 100%'s life a living hell and your 55%'s life a political hell.

You are rather easy to ignore as a political hack these days with all the foaming at the mouth over The Donald that you do. That said if you think having just the Senate and the Executive branch will cause everything to be smooth sailing or put you at an automatic advantage you are rather naive...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:10 pm

Thanks NS. I pay him little to no attention, like I do with most screaming children. I love that his new buzzword is "classless". Yeah, like I haven't seen some of his posts before.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Just another internet hard ass.

-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:43 pm

So I call an addict "classless" once and it becomes my new "buzzwoard"?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:52 pm

It's "recovering addict". Two and a half years clean. I really hope you weren't trying to use my recovery as an insult. Because I saw I had a problem and did something to rectify it. I don't think the same can be done for your stupidity, however.
Last edited by Mega Hertz on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:53 pm

I love when a Trump supporter has the audacity to talk about someone else's class.

-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:01 pm

It could be worse. I could be Matt.

-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:31 pm

You pay little attention to me, yet you replied to me in 3 separate, consecutive posts? Hmmmm...

I'm happy for you that you are recovering from your addiction. You took unnecessary shots at me so I went for low hanging fruit. I am sorry that I took the low blow. Best of luck to you on your recovery journey.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:41 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:31 pm
You pay little attention to me, yet you replied to me in 3 separate, consecutive posts? Hmmmm...

I'm happy for you that you are recovering from your addiction. You took unnecessary shots at me so I went for low hanging fruit. I am sorry that I took the low blow. Best of luck to you on your recovery journey.
Taking the high road isn’t talking about marijuana just so you know...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:44 pm

She's been around for 20 years, Trump has been around for 2 years and has 5 fives as many stupid things.

Matt: You seem a bit on edge since Tuesday. Doing alright buddy?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:31 pm

I'll use the quote so you know that I'm talking to you and not just making a general statement.

In the end, I'm not really worried about it. There's going to be a "Matt" in every aspect of life. Be it in the office, on the road, or an anonymous message board where you aren't confronted with having to deal with a real, live person who won't have to deal with the consequences of things said face to face.

I know what I am and I know who I am. I was a person not making the right choices in life and made myself do better. You know, because it's the right, not the left, who cling to "personal responsibility". So while I was in treatment to improve myself, you have the president elect (and he says the same things now as president) talk about how unfair he's treated and how everything is rigged (unless he wins). That's an anomaly if I've ever seen one. I've been on this board for quite a long time now and I've seen how you talk to people. So it's not surprising that you took that road the second you had a chance. The difference is that I took a look inside and righted my wrongs in life and figured out how I could be a better person not only to myself, but to others. All that reflection did me good, and maybe if others did the same thing, we wouldn't be where we're at today.

-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:58 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:44 pm
She's been around for 20 years, Trump has been around for 2 years and has 5 fives as many stupid things.

Matt: You seem a bit on edge since Tuesday. Doing alright buddy?
I'm good. I'm just a little irritated at someone taking cheap shots at me because I called him classless for a classless comment he made on election night.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic