Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Being pro-police

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Re: Being pro-police

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:50 pm

That may be the most asinine thing I have ever read. Not sure where you're getting the 4.5 number from. Well, I have a good idea of where you pulled it out from, but it's not where the sunshine hits.

If cops were killed at a rate of 4.5 times the amount of times cops killed black people, there wouldn't be many cops left.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:49 am

DAC, the police union has to come out in favor of the cop. He's paying them to do so. So will the attorney representing him. So once again, you show you do not understand how life works.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/07/0 ... o-castile/

And Craig, it's "cited" not "sited." "Site" is a physical location, while "cite" is to mention as an example to support an opinion or idea.

Have a great day!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:30 am

Nothing magical or noble happens when you give someone with government power a badge, a uniform, and a gun.

Just as much skepticism should be used for these people, who are just like us, as those who they say they are trying to protect us from.

You'd think media would understand that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/1 ... 24684.html

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:10 pm

Police officers aren't given halos when they're given a uniform, a badge, and a gun.

We should stop believing they are.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:21 pm

We have got to do something about these out of control cops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVFImf1nnFY

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Too easy, Bryce. Next time, please try to make it at least a little challenging for me to respond to you.

Think about what you just wrote.

"When a libtard has their ass handed to them in a debate, they always rely on a misdirect and or name calling. At least you're consistent libtard."

By choosing to use name-calling to refer to me as a "libtard" you show that you use the technique you are trying to accuse me of.

You, my friend, are the definition of a hypocrite.

Not sure how you think using proper words for proper meaning could be construed as a "misdirect." That's unless you don't think using the correct word for the correct meaning is important. "Site" and "cite" are different words and have different meanings.

Have a nice day!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:14 am

If there was anyone here by that name, I'm sure that person would respond.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Who are you talking to?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:06 pm

Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?

I know I do.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:25 pm

These tough guys lie by accusing a special needs woman of stealing something, then throw her to the ground and cuff her.

When police find out the special needs woman didn't steal anything, they do not apologize.

Nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ByALAQdyA

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:15 am

I adore this kid.

He puts law enforcement in its place.

Informed citizen: "Is there a reason for you to park on the sidewalk? Is it like an emergency or anything?"

Gestapo: "Because I can."

Kid asks police state official for his badge number and police state official refuses, provides sarcastic answers, and mumbles through the video. Great example!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbM9Ldj16Q

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:29 am

Why, cops, why?

A black man (who did nothing wrong) is already on the ground, voluntarily, he puts both hands in the air. He's trying to help calm down an autistic man. He calmly explains the situation to police. And then, cops with rifles, ducked behind police cars, shoot the black man for absolutely no reason.

Oh, but they're not done yet. As the unarmed man is bleeding on the road, they cuff him not once, not twice, but three times.

Absolutely disgusting! Shame!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/us/miami- ... index.html

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:56 pm

"Don't worry, folks, the cop's bullet was intended for the innocent special needs fellow, not the black guy."

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 60077.html

This is like an Onion article.

I'll get Bill Harris right on this one.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:35 pm

To help illustrate how serious and on-topic this issue is, I will post the original message at the bottom. Bill Harris serves as a media consultant to law enforcement officials. POLICE AGENCIES PAY HIM MONEY FOR HIM TO TELL THEM HOW TO HANDLE THE MEDIA. He has also served as a public information officer, not for the media, but for a police department task force, not to be objective, but to put police in the best light possible for pay.

He gets paid by law enforcement agencies to tell them how to cover their butts and save face in a crisis situation. That's what a media consultant does, and that is what Bill Harris does for law enforcement agencies.

I have no problem with Bill Harris being a paid media consultant or public spokesperson for police. However, I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HIM DOING THAT WHILE ALSO PRETENDING TO BE AN OBJECTIVE NEWS PERSON.

Imagine if Bill Harris was media consulting for big oil companies, big pharmaceutical companies, a political party, or religious organizations. Would that make a conflict of interest when he was supposed to be covering those groups in the "news." Of course it would! BUT WHY DOES NOBODY EXCEPT ME FEEL THAT IT'S A CONFLICT OF INTEREST WHEN HE DOES FREE ADVERTISING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS WORK FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES WITH HIS "NEWS" REPORTS?

Bill prides himself in his close ties with law enforcement. He's literally in bed with one of them.

He should have more knowledge of everything going on in law enforcement agencies across Genesee County than any other reporter. But when was the last time Bill broke a story about a cop doing something he/she shouldn't have? I'm hearing crickets chirping, so I will answer the question for you: NEVER!

But how many positive stories has Bill done on local and state police agencies? Need a hint? All of them!

It would be as if George Stephanopoulos were still politically consulting for the Clintons and trying to "objectively" cover Hillary Clinton's campaign in news stories.

I've never said that Bill Harris is not a nice guy. Never met the guy, but I imagine he is nice. I'm not disputing that. It's also not an excuse for him to be allowed to do this. "Hey, Bill is a nice person." Apparently that's license to get paid by the same organization you're also supposed to be critical of as a news person.

Here's my original post. It still rings true today:

A journalist should be objective. He/She should tell a fair and balanced not only in the selection of a story, but in the telling of a story.

I don't see that with Bill Harris.

Look at his bio and the majority of stories he has covered is about police. The stories are pro-police.

http://nbc25news.com/station/people/bill-harris

There are bad cops and bad departments too, but you won't find those stories here.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:46 am

Agan, DAC, with the language only poetic sailors use. Your mother must be proud.

Of course it was a nice post. All the other ones are nice too.

I've never posted 3,000 times on anything, better check your math.

The period goes inside the quotation marks. Inside.

Bill Harris' involvement in law enforcement, and the money he makes from law enforcement, disqualifies him from covering police objectively for the news. The end.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic