Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Looks like Bill's campaign is broke!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Looks like Bill's campaign is broke!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:22 pm

I've not seen a single Bill Schuette yard sign -- ANYWHERE.

I've seen a LOT of signs for Whitmer. Both where I live (Beverly Hills) and driving around southern Oakland County.

I've also seen a surprising number of signs for John James.

Supporters of James seem to be more enthusiastic than supporters of Schuette. I'm now starting to think James could match or even slightly exceed Schuette's showing when the election returns come in Tuesday evening.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:47 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:22 pm

I've seen a LOT of signs for Whitmer. Both where I live (Beverly Hills) and driving around southern Oakland County.

Supporters of James seem to be more enthusiastic than supporters of Schuette. I'm now starting to think James could match or even slightly exceed Schuette's showing when the election returns come in Tuesday evening.
Up north I’m seeing a lot of John James signs and more often than not there is a Schutte sign too... saw a H*** “Farmers for James” one coming down 127 north of Lansing this evening...

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:55 pm

Haven't seen any Bill Schuette yard signs in Kalamazoo County primary or now or John James either but haven't seen a lot of Stabenow yard signs either just one when I go to and from the mall/bookstore and one on the side of the road going to and from work.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:28 am

Well this makes my day

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:29 am

MasterB wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:55 pm
Haven't seen any Bill Schuette yard signs in Kalamazoo County primary or now or John James either but haven't seen a lot of Stabenow yard signs either just one when I go to and from the mall/bookstore and one on the side of the road going to and from work.
Funny enough I see a couple of Patrick Colbert signs and a Calley Comeback Team sign on my travels as well... somebody didn’t get the memo and thinks there is hope to the bitter end I guess...

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:14 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
I saw a couple this morning along Lahser north of Long Lake, near the high school.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:24 am

MWmetalhead wrote:

We have a surprising amount of Whitmer signs here in Brighton. Quite a few for James, also. I'm having a hard time figuring this area out. In Brighton proper, it's a lot more Democrat than I thought. Still quite a bit of support for Republicans, too.

Now, once you get to outlying areas like Green Oak Twp and and Hamburg, you'll see much more support for Republicans. I didn't think this area would show much support for anything to the left of Atilla the Hun.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:00 am

I should mention also that I've seen extremely few signs for Stabenow.

If James wins Oakland County, Stabenow could be in trouble.

Weather is supposed to be nasty much of Tuesday. That could mean good news for Republicans. Lower turnouts generally help the GOP, for whatever reason.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:40 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:00 am

Weather is supposed to be nasty much of Tuesday. That could mean good news for Republicans. Lower turnouts generally help the GOP, for whatever reason.
I'd wager a guess that's because Stabenow has been the incumbent for what seems like ever. The name recognition theory. I'm not counting James out by any stretch.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:28 am
Well this makes my day
That's pathetic.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:42 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

I don't know that I'd put too much stock in yard signs.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:28 am
Well this makes my day
Schuette and his followers are pathetic.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:39 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

Because there are fewer Republicans then Democrats but they vote more... so any additional Democrats that stay home is all the more in the GOP’s favor...

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:09 pm

Right down The Schuette he goes :rollin :lol :razz :lol: :D :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic