Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why cant i say H***?

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
Splouge

Why cant i say H***?

Post by Splouge » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:56 pm

H***

see that? I said H***

H
U
G
E

Why cant I say that uncensored?

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

Milk

Re: Why cant i say H***?

Post by Milk » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:41 am

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:54 am

It was fun to think about this- it was 10 years ago that all the hubbub over The Large Person Who Shall Not Be Named raised a stink with our esteemed Buzzboard leader. Is he even still around? (H***, I mean, of course MW is still here, thank goodness.)

one4thethumb

Post by one4thethumb » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:54 am

I'd hazard a guess that if he's not on this board, he has operatives checking it out on a semi-regular basis.

A little birdie (with authority) tells me that he's about to lose his second consecutive book to Greg Big Drew & Jim (3.6 to 2.4) . . . . Eric Zane is similarly in the tank too.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:13 am

Radio Sucks wrote:It was fun to think about this- it was 10 years ago that all the hubbub over The Large Person Who Shall Not Be Named raised a stink with our esteemed Buzzboard leader. Is he even still around? (H***, I mean, of course MW is still here, thank goodness.)
It's a shame, but I certainly support the moderator. This is a labor of love; certainly no revenue, and some sabre-rattling from the outside could easily take away any fun of the role. I continue to accept it as an unfortunate matter.

Karma has a way of working things out all by itself.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:09 am

Thank you, Mr. Cap -- that's very nice of you! :)

I thank you for your participation in the buzzboard!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

M.W.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:44 am

What I don't get is, how can somebody who happens to have a name that is also a very common word in the English language hold that word hostage? Let alone for 10 years and counting. Heck, even most statutes of limitation for violations of law expire in less than 10 years.

I'm guessing you can't make the filter case-sensitive? Proper names always begin with a capital letter, so it seems like filtering out only the capitalized name would fulfill the request that his NAME not be used here.

MW I know you gotta do what you gotta do, I just know if I were in your shoes I'd be ticked off if I owned a site that I had to place a prominent sticky in a forum and ban an English-language word for 10+ years. But that's just me.

barkisRadio

Post by barkisRadio » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:22 am

From where I sit as a long-time reader and only occasional poster, it seems to me MW has a H*** amount of patience: not only with the Large Unnamed One, but with a lot of other bozos who show up here for the fun.

Thanks, MW, for keeping this source of broadcasting news from my old home state up and running! Happy New Year 8)

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:36 pm

I see it for what it is - pure satire.

Every time the word H*** is typed on this board, it serves as a reminder that there's a person out there who actually believes he holds a de-facto copyright on a common adjective. It may have been initially associated with this one individual, but over time the blacked-out H*** has grown to represent the idea of ego in general. The satire is certainly not lost on this industry of ours, and I get a chuckle every time I see it. I don't think M.W. should change a thing!

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:30 pm

Wanna know a dirty little secret?

Each & every one of you has the ability to manually override the word censor feature on the Buzzboard. :)

(Do some digging within your User Control Panel!)

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm

Odd how replies still have the big horrible word censored in the subject while it is not censored in the body.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:10 am

Our fearless and now backed up leader wrote:Each & every one of you has the ability to manually override the word censor feature on the Buzzboard. :)
Really? That would be H*** if we could override that. H*** I say.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:13 am

H***.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:51 am

Change the word censoring toggle switch within the display options menu (under board preferences in your user control panel) to "no," and you should be able to see everything. :)

For me, I see the word in it's full glory in the post subject line, the topic thread subject line, and in the post text.

If you still see censoring in certain places, it is because a cached page has loaded. Clear your cookies and temp internet files and try again.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:53 am

For me it is censored in the subject for some replies including yours from Wednesday and Vic's from today. It is censored on all posts prior to Wednesday except for the original post. Not censored on your reply from today. Cookies and temp files are cleared from Firefox daily.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic