Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Global Sarnia-Oil Springs

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
mmb5

Re: Global Sarnia-Oil Springs

Post by mmb5 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:44 pm

edj wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:40 pm
Does that mean WTVS and WFUM (and for that matter WGTE) didn't have the same agreements? I'm sure it was WFUM that pushed the FCC for cable coverage in Oakland, and WGTE is available in Monroe and some Downriver systems.
At one point Ann Arbor had four: WTVS, WKAR, WGTE, and WFUM. WFUM left when they were no longer "U of M PBS" and WKAR was dropped at some point to get a different channel in. WGTE is still there.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:47 pm

Comcast in Saline carried only WTVS and WFUM/WCMZ when I lived there, but WGTE was the easiest to get OTA. I didn't have any Toledo stations on cable, but they came in OTA for me better than Detroit.
Charter here in Whitmore Lake carried WKAR (and WLNS) along with WTVS when I first moved here. Both have since been dropped. I suspect WKAR replaced WCMZ when channel 28 signed off.

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:31 pm

edj wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:40 pm
Does that mean WTVS and WFUM (and for that matter WGTE) didn't have the same agreements? I'm sure it was WFUM that pushed the FCC for cable coverage in Oakland, and WGTE is available in Monroe and some Downriver systems.
To this date, Wyandotte Connex still carries both WTVS and WGTE. These two stations have always been the only pBS stations they've ever carried.
My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic