Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Country Imaging?

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
AMFMTV

Re: Country Imaging?

Post by AMFMTV » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:47 pm

MicProcessor_22 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:23 am
Benztown provides the stations with the plug in play shells, yes. But, that service also provides them with all the work parts to do creative imaging on their own. I understand that K100 may not have the facilities to make the zips and zaps, but they can create their own imaging elements without using the shells with the Benztown service.

Who ever is doing the production doesn't have to use the examples Benztown provides. But they do, and it makes them sound to the trained ear, lazy. Now, I know that an average listener may not pick up on that. But a passionate listener who is traveling out of their home area will notice.
Listeners, whether passive or passionate, think imaging, IDs and Promos, are commercials. It's a fact.

As for using pre-produced shells, even Z100 and KIIS-FM use pieces parts from services. It's a fact. I know the Imaging Director for KIIS-FM Los Angeles.

As for one making workparts from scratch? If a musician or the skill level to do so, ie John Frost or Eric Chase, sure. However, 99% of those in radio do not have that skill set. As for Imaging Directors, separate from Production, unfortunately that billet has gone the way of the Dodo in most markets, save for the Top 25. In fact, I know a few Top 20s that don't have in-house Imaging Directors and all imaging, and even some commercial work, out-sourced, either to Benztown who has an Imaging dept of about 30 producers that rotate on stations, or to a freelance producer.

Audacy has a production hub, imaging and spots, in Kansas City. They do work for many of their markets.

Cumulus Toledo used to have the budget for in-house Imaging Director(s). To my knowledge they no longer do. It's either outsourced wholly, or it's produced in house by a PD or air talent, or a production person if time permits.

I'm curious MicProcesssor_22 your imaging/production background?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic