Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dick move by Verlander and the Astros

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Dick move by Verlander and the Astros

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:19 pm

How do you know Verlander's complaint regarding Fenech isn't legitimate?

Given Fenech's past history, I'm inclined to give Verlander the benefit of the doubt. I find it very interesting how the Free Press has repeatedly ignored outreach attempts by Verlander's camp to discuss the matter further. You don't find that suspicious?

I hope JV spills all the dirty laundry on Fenech, but unlike Fenech, Verlander is a class act and likely will resist that urge.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:24 pm

We don’t know all of the details right now. Given what we know, so far, and based on the characters involved, I agree with MW and side with Verlander.

Of course the Detroit reporters are going to side with Fenech.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Interesting article just posted at freep.com.

I've changed my opinion and now side with Fenech. Still, it was douchey of the newspaper to ignore pre-game outreach by Verlander's people.

Assuming what Chris Thomas wrote is accurate, Verlander got his panties in a bunch for no good reason.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:13 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic