Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Time for some Toledo flips?

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
EnbyCee

Re: Time for some Toledo flips?

Post by EnbyCee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:35 am

What if 103.7 became true oldies??
What if 98.3 became beautiful Spanish music???
What if iheart put a simulcast of FS Ohio on WVKS' HD-6 channel???
What if the Ticket got a CB signal to air CBS Sports Radio????

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:34 am

More brilliant planning from the company that flipped 106.5 to sports without realizing they couldn't air the Tigers on that signal.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:32 am

1050 in Ann Arbor airs Tigers games too and obviously you can get that in a lot of the same areas as WXYT-FM. Doesn't seem to be a problem there.

I think you're underestimating the popularity of the Tigers in metro Toledo itself, MW. The Indians may have been equal or more popular at one time, but that hasn't been the case since about the mid-2000s. One of those Facebook fan maps a few years ago (limited sample size, I know) had the Tigers as the #1 team even a bit south of Bowling Green. Although obviously it changes very quickly once you're east in places like Port Clinton and Sandusky.

I likewise doubt that ifart ever gives up the Indians in this market, it's about the only relevant sports play-by-play their cluster has here besides UT football. Cumulus has OSU, Michigan football, the Tigers, and the Lions. Ifart is left with crumbs like the Pistons and Mud Hens.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:40 am

Nope. In fact, I've lived here since 2005 and I can't remember the Cavs ever having a radio affiliate in Toledo during that time. And even the Reds and the freakin' Blue Jackets have had one for a season or two here and there. Of course, you can get WTAM here, but you'd think someone at some point would have aired the Cavs in Toledo.

Really outside of the Tigers, Lions, OSU and UT, play-by-play coverage on Toledo radio has always been kind of spotty and confusing. UM's always been stuck at the lower end of Cumulus' cluster on either the old WTOD or the Zone, the Browns didn't have an affiliate here for many years after CC dumped them from WIOT, the Wings aired on the Ticket for a long time but no longer, the Indians sort of randomly bounce between WSPD and WCWA from game to game.

Fuck Canada.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic