Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 11-14-2017 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

Want to know Buzzboard readers' thoughts on the Cumulus debt restructuring proposal? Check out the thread in the "Broadcasting - General" forum!

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Big surprise in Cincinnati arbs!!!

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Big surprise in Cincinnati arbs!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Don't look now, but 96 Rock is suddenly hot on WEBN's heels!

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb031

I believe that 3.8 share is the all-time high for WFTK under its current format.

I personally enjoy both stations and the Cincinnati radio market in general! Sure would be AWESOME to see a rock radio battle like that here in Detroit.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

ftballfan

Re: Big surprise in Cincinnati arbs!!!

Post by ftballfan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:47 pm

Impressive considering 96.5 is kind of a rimshot (its stick is out by Kings Island).

Also notice that WEBN's HD2 and HD3 are BOTH beating Class A AM WCKY!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:58 pm

Not quite. It's 810 feet up WLW's tower in Mason. Covers both Cincinnati and Dayton quite well. Previously (30+ years ago) it was on the west side of Hamilton, the original COL.
"Remember, Colonel Flagg was never here. Tell your people!"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:35 pm

It's the de facto FM option for hard rock in Dayton these days. Their signal turns to crap just 10 miles north of downtown Dayton, though. The K-Love station licensed to Troy at 96.9 does quite the number on 96.5's reception.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:36 pm

It's been a long while since I've been to SW Ohio, but listening to 96rock and The X out of Dayton, back when it was an active/alt hybrid in the late -00s, was a highlight of my time there.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:30 am

How does the Cincy market support so many News/Talk stations? And the sum of the ratings are sizeable with WLW a close #2 most of the time?
The other two big stick AM's in the sports toilet might be better off going back to their old EZ music formats?

Toledo Radio Died

Post by Toledo Radio Died » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:50 pm

Just when I thought new rock was dead, 96 and WEBN has proven me wrong, those 2 stations play a lot of new rock that most rock stations don't even play. I love 96 ROCK's 90's at Noon, I listen to it almost everyday (Of course I'm 90's Rock fun). Reception wise, when I drive through downtown Cincinnati, I never really seem to have any problems with the station even when I'm near WKRQ, WEBN, WKFS, WUBE etc. Now when I'm in Downtown Dayton area, east side or near WHKO, WTUE, WCHD and WMMX, those stations tends to interfere with it, but heck most of the time I can receive 96 Rock (I also lose it around Troy but then it comes right back) all the way to Sidney, Ohio before it craps out on me. Speaking WRIF are they playing any new rock like 96 rock/webn?

Radio Sucks

Post by Radio Sucks » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:40 am

The only person left in America who thinks AM is viable wrote:The other two big stick AM's in the sports toilet might be better off going back to their old EZ music formats?
But of course, since iHeart owns all three and sells them as a "sports package" and can run Bengals and UC on another big signal 50,000 watter, that probably won't happen.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Another terrific showing for 96Rock - a new high for them!

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb031

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 am

More impressive ratings in Cincy:

1. WDBZ, a graveyard AM (with the help of a translator), is tied with the full-market classical station
2. WOBO, a noncom with a variety format, jumped up 0.7 of a share in the last month (from 0.9 to 1.6)
Both of these stations are well ahead of WCKY (50kW clear channel!) and WSAI

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic