Hello! Welcome to the new (and hopefully improved) version of the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. I am hoping to roll out multiple new features in the weeks ahead, which is made possible by the recent upgrade to phpBB version 3.2. This upgrade should result in added ability to customize your user experience. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent changes.

Thank you very much for your interest in the Buzzboard! -Regards, M.W.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

107.3fm Cleveland

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
1027BrianFM

107.3fm Cleveland

Post by 1027BrianFM » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:40 pm

I haven't really heard The Wave in a long time, One of the only stations I know of that is still doing some variation of The Smooth jazz format. I haven't seen ratings for this station in a long time, wondering kind of where they stood in the market.

With the exception of a year or so its been The Wave for almost 30 years. It was also the 2nd affiliate of Z rock which only lasted briefly.
100.7fm Toledo, please fix your technical problems already. Thanks.

Colonel Flagg

Re: 107.3fm Cleveland

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:37 pm

The last time I heard The Wave it was disappointing. There were far too many vocals for an SJ station. The pimply voiced guy in PM drive was atrocious, and clearly unqualified for a major market in any daypart. Voicetracking would have provided a more enjoyable listening experience. While I can't recall specifics, the local spots were bad too. Mundane, predictable copy over a dated music bed, with the usual cliches. It would have been funny if it were not so sad.
"Mares eat oats, and does eat oats, and I'll be home for christmas"

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:06 am

When they subscribed, they were usually in the low 2-share, high 1-share range 6+. I can only imagine how they're doing in the money demos. But they recently celebrating their fifth birthday and appear to be surviving while commercial jazz is dead almost everywhere else.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:55 am

I agree; the station sounds like garbage.

Rubber City is incapable of doing good radio outside of its home base of Akron. Their track record in all other cities is abysmal.

107.3 in Cleveland sounds almost as bad as Rubber City's former cluster in Lansing.
Thanks, corporate radio, for finally tossing Nickelback to the curb. Now can you please do the same for Shinedown? THEY SUCK!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic