Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 9-17-2017 at 1:30p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

The Andy Griffith Show airing on WTOL 11.2

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
mtburb

The Andy Griffith Show airing on WTOL 11.2

Post by mtburb » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:57 pm

For a while, as another Toledo station held the rights to The Andy Griffith Show, WTOL 11.2 aired Mayberry RFD in it's place. However, tonight, 11.2 instead aired The Andy Griffith Show in pattern with the national Me TV schedule, though both episodes were different from those that WDIV 4.3 aired at the same time. Plus, 11.2 did not use ANY local insertions during that hour. The program guide, though, still mentioned Mayberry RFD as airing in that hour. Did that other station stop airing The Andy Griffith Show or is this an error (possibly due to the current weather)?
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

Toledo Eleven

Re: The Andy Griffith Show airing on WTOL 11.2

Post by Toledo Eleven » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:12 pm

11.2 started airing TAGS on January 2. I don't think Ch 40 had been showing it for a while. They probably only had the rights until the end of 2016. The same thing happened with I Love Lucy. 40 had the rights to that show when ME first came to Toledo. 40 also has the local rights to Father Knows Best but 48.2 shows that show (on Antenna).
Vintage Toledo & Detroit TV Stations Print Ads at
http://vintagetoledotv.squarespace.com/

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:36 am

Toledo Eleven wrote:11.2 started airing TAGS on January 2. I don't think Ch 40 had been showing it for a while. They probably only had the rights until the end of 2016. The same thing happened with I Love Lucy. 40 had the rights to that show when ME first came to Toledo. 40 also has the local rights to Father Knows Best but 48.2 shows that show (on Antenna).
Interesting how that works, though I don't suppose anyone at 48 noticed that.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:38 am

After a quick check of channel 40's schedule, looks like they still have Andy, but only once a week, Mondays at 4:30 pm. In fact, they have a different show every day at that time.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:01 pm

I would really appreciate it if Channel 48 and their multiple subchannels would meet FCC regs and run freaking Closed Captioning. My old man has Antenna TV cranked without the CC available when I visit him.

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:33 am

WOHO wrote:I would really appreciate it if Channel 48 and their multiple subchannels would meet FCC regs and run freaking Closed Captioning. My old man has Antenna TV cranked without the CC available when I visit him.
That is pretty sad how cheap they are about not looking into improving themselves on that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic