Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 9:45a ET have been activated.  

It is currently Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm 

For a while, as another Toledo station held the rights to The Andy Griffith Show, WTOL 11.2 aired Mayberry RFD in it's place. However, tonight, 11.2 instead aired The Andy Griffith Show in pattern with the national Me TV schedule, though both episodes were different from those that WDIV 4.3 aired at the same time. Plus, 11.2 did not use ANY local insertions during that hour. The program guide, though, still mentioned Mayberry RFD as airing in that hour. Did that other station stop airing The Andy Griffith Show or is this an error (possibly due to the current weather)?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:12 pm 

11.2 started airing TAGS on January 2. I don't think Ch 40 had been showing it for a while. They probably only had the rights until the end of 2016. The same thing happened with I Love Lucy. 40 had the rights to that show when ME first came to Toledo. 40 also has the local rights to Father Knows Best but 48.2 shows that show (on Antenna).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:36 am 

Toledo Eleven wrote:
11.2 started airing TAGS on January 2. I don't think Ch 40 had been showing it for a while. They probably only had the rights until the end of 2016. The same thing happened with I Love Lucy. 40 had the rights to that show when ME first came to Toledo. 40 also has the local rights to Father Knows Best but 48.2 shows that show (on Antenna).

Interesting how that works, though I don't suppose anyone at 48 noticed that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:38 am 

After a quick check of channel 40's schedule, looks like they still have Andy, but only once a week, Mondays at 4:30 pm. In fact, they have a different show every day at that time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:01 pm 

I would really appreciate it if Channel 48 and their multiple subchannels would meet FCC regs and run freaking Closed Captioning. My old man has Antenna TV cranked without the CC available when I visit him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:33 am 

WOHO wrote:
I would really appreciate it if Channel 48 and their multiple subchannels would meet FCC regs and run freaking Closed Captioning. My old man has Antenna TV cranked without the CC available when I visit him.

That is pretty sad how cheap they are about not looking into improving themselves on that.