Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WLUC fires Weather Staffer

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
kager

Re: WLUC fires Weather Staffer

Post by kager » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:13 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:18 pm
kager wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:50 am
I wondered why this ol' thread was resurrected. The splattering of posts on Monday 08.14 were followed by silence for a few days, so I had high hopes that would be the end of it. What was I thinking?

One thing is for sure... it's posts certainly bring out the best of PolPot-ism from just about everyone else here.

Happy PolPot Everwhere Day - 24/7/365!
You should know better by now. A thread about how beautiful today is would become political by thr 6th post.
Yeah, but it doesn't need to be that way. Keep the trash in the 2 bins at the bottom of the board, remind people to stay in their lane outside of those and let the rest of the forums be what they were intended to be.

Why even have a TERMS OF USE with what's going on here?

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:18 pm

kager wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:13 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:18 pm
kager wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:50 am
I wondered why this ol' thread was resurrected. The splattering of posts on Monday 08.14 were followed by silence for a few days, so I had high hopes that would be the end of it. What was I thinking?

One thing is for sure... it's posts certainly bring out the best of PolPot-ism from just about everyone else here.

Happy PolPot Everwhere Day - 24/7/365!
You should know better by now. A thread about how beautiful today is would become political by thr 6th post.
Yeah, but it doesn't need to be that way. Keep the trash in the 2 bins at the bottom of the board, remind people to stay in their lane outside of those and let the rest of the forums be what they were intended to be.

Why even have a TERMS OF USE with what's going on here?
I get you, totally. I can remember a couple of years back, I was watching a Van Halen video. Don't even remember the song, but there are few bands as apolitical as them. Somehow in the comments it turned into a bitchfest. Back and forth, Trump this, Killary that. That's when I knew we jumped the shark. Nothing is off limits anymore.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:27 pm

There's always "that one person."
And here, "that one person" is always the same person.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic