All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Whose national news does WDBC carry?

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
Nelson

Whose national news does WDBC carry?

Post by Nelson » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:49 am

Occasionally I'll listen to WDBC 680 just for something different. Thought they used to have ABC news, but I don't recognize the national news they have at the top of the hour now. Just comes on with no ID and the announcer goes right into the news. This morning's announcer identified as Christopher Cruise (sp?). Googling that name didn't really help much. Anyone recognize their newscast?

SpartanAM

Re: Whose national news does WDBC carry?

Post by SpartanAM » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Westwood one offers a "white label" (unbranded) top of the hour news service to affilaites of its 24/7 music formats. I believe this is what WDBC is using. It is a predecessor to the former CNN radio.

She's got the tower... She's got the power...

Deleted User 1225

Post by Deleted User 1225 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:17 am

Of course, back in the day, they were a CBS Radio News station - back when having CBS was ultra-prestigious.
"This is WDBC Escanaba - State Bank of Escanaba time and temperature sign indicates 48 degrees - it's 2 o'clock".. Bong! CBS news....

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 am

Thanks for the info!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic