All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

No weather person at ABC 10

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
++++

No weather person at ABC 10

Post by ++++ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:06 pm

Since early March, now Ulises Garcia, piped in from Alpena,MI, is gone and the news person now reads the forecast.
TV6 and Local3 both have meteorologists.
An obvious cost-cutting measure.
I enjoyed his forecasting and explaining how or why things happen.
Kinda sad.
Some good people have walked though those halls!

http://www.wbkb11.com/about/staff/ulise ... eorologist

Fireflash

Re: No weather person at ABC 10

Post by Fireflash » Tue May 01, 2018 3:16 pm

It's not a cost-cutting measure. Alpena was having trouble finding a replacement. A new meteorologist will be starting in a couple of weeks.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed May 02, 2018 10:59 am

Fireflash wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:16 pm
It's not a cost-cutting measure. Alpena was having trouble finding a replacement. A new meteorologist will be starting in a couple of weeks.
Since Alpena’s WBKB always had the reputation of a “starter” station that was paying barely over minimum wage, that doesn’t surprise me

Not an optimist or pestimist, but a realist on life

organman95

Post by organman95 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Well considering Alpena is the second-smallest market, and the economy of Alpena and Alcoma counties is not the best, I'm not surprised the pay is so low.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic