I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

A Titan has passed

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
906XJ

A Titan has passed

Post by 906XJ » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:17 am

GREATLAKESVET

Re: A Titan has passed

Post by GREATLAKESVET » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:04 pm

I worked with Carl at TV6 from 1981-1990. HE WAS TV6 and he was much a part of the U.P. as Pictured Rocks, the Copper Country or Northern Michigan University or MTU. He was a gentleman and a notorious prankster to any and ALL co-workers. He was also a professional and knew how to multi-task between creative services (commercial production), Upper Michigan Today and FInland Calling long before it became fashionable. Carl treated everyone like family or friends. What you saw on air is what you saw in person. RIP my friend. You've done TV6, your friends, your family and all of Upper Michigan proud.

Great Lakes Vet

GREATLAKESVET

Post by GREATLAKESVET » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:04 pm

I worked with Carl at TV6 from 1981-1990. HE WAS TV6 and he was much a part of the U.P. as Pictured Rocks, the Copper Country or Northern Michigan University or MTU. He was a gentleman and a notorious prankster to any and ALL co-workers. He was also a professional and knew how to multi-task between creative services (commercial production), Upper Michigan Today and FInland Calling long before it became fashionable. Carl treated everyone like family or friends. What you saw on air is what you saw in person. RIP my friend. You've done TV6, your friends, your family and all of Upper Michigan proud.

Great Lakes Vet

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:33 pm

GREATLAKESVET wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:04 pm
A tip of the cap from me, as well.

Carl embodied what commercial television as a public service is all about--enlightening and enriching the community.

May his example never be forgotten.

Eschew obfuscation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic