All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Joe Pera

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
sfpcc

Joe Pera

Post by sfpcc » Tue May 22, 2018 3:37 pm

There is a new show on Adult Swim called Joe Pera Talks With You. The reason I''m mentioning this is that it seems to take place in Marquette. The first episode show a lot of the city. Like most Adult Swim shows the humor is kind of hard to explain, (try describing Aqua Teen Hunger Force without sounding like your on drugs.) The humor is also very dry, ( it's a very far cry from Home Improvement which also took place in Michigan.)
Last edited by sfpcc on Wed May 23, 2018 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Re: Joe Pera

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Joe Pera is actually a stand-up comedian. The second episode is shot in Milwaukee. After watching it I can't help but be reminded of David Byrne's True Stories from the mid-1980s. Joe's cadence is dead on. Everything on Adult Swim by the way is designed to watch while stoned.

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

Some Guy from Toledo

Re: Joe Pera

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:31 pm

sfpcc wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:37 pm
There is a new show on Adult Swim called Joe Pera Talks With You. The reason I''m mentioning this is that it seems to take place in Marquette. The first episode show a lot of the city. Like most Adult Swim shows the humor is kind of hard to explain, (try describing Aqua Teen Hunger Force without sounding like your on drugs.) The humor is also very dry, ( it's a very far cry from Home Improvement which also took place in Michigan.)
His "Joe Pera Talks You To Sleep" was pretty well put-together, and I love the reference of several pretzel companies in Pennsylvania I know too well!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trfHP5LHVNY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic