Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

UP Translator filings

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
SpartanAM

UP Translator filings

Post by SpartanAM » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:28 am

Musing:

97.7 for WQXO

Marquette:

106.9 for WZAM

Escanaba:

93.5 for WCHT

Manistique:

98.5 for WTIQ

Houghton:
107.3 for WMPL
She's got the tower... She's got the power...

Playswithtrucks

Re: UP Translator filings

Post by Playswithtrucks » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:03 am

That would be "Munising."

Poor WQXO ( was WGON was WMAB) you can barely hear 1400 west of Wetmore - in needs the FM translator.
If they could put it up on St.Martin's Hill, it would have a nice local signal.

Tim

SpartanAM

Post by SpartanAM » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 am

Yes, typo... my bad.

I disagree with your statement on 1400's coverage. I've gotten them pretty well for most of that stretch along Lake Superior on M28 between Munising and Marquette. I do agree that a local translator (they are currently being simulcasted on 97.5 in Marquette) will be nice.

Soverign communications must not believe in FM translators. WSOO, WKNW, WNBY, WDMJ, and WIAN would have all been eligible in this window and NONE of them applied.
She's got the tower... She's got the power...

Playswithtrucks

Post by Playswithtrucks » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:48 pm

I haven't tuned in west of Christmas in a year or so, but to the east the signal becomes really weak. :(
SpartanAM wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 am
Yes, typo... my bad.

I disagree with your statement on 1400's coverage. I've gotten them pretty well for most of that stretch along Lake Superior on M28 between Munising and Marquette. I do agree that a local translator (they are currently being simulcasted on 97.5 in Marquette) will be nice.

Soverign communications must not believe in FM translators. WSOO, WKNW, WNBY, WDMJ, and WIAN would have all been eligible in this window and NONE of them applied.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic