Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 6-25-2017 at 7:45p ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Marquette's 94.9 97.1 and 107.7

Discussion pertaining to Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Houghton, Ironwood, and Northern Wisconsin, too!
++++

Re: Marquette's 94.9 97.1 and 107.7

Post by ++++ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:44 am

Wow. Now you can have two good CHRs in area!!!

I know GLQ is "the Magic of the Great Lakes."

I wish "94-9 the Bay" was actually "the U P's Z 94-9." (WUPZ call letters) as "the Bay" is a part of Marquette, while UP is....the UP. Too, those Q Z and other call letters (or parts of) still sound nice. IE: a Z-28 car, 97.5 GTO. These mean something. (IE:Y94 Fargo or Y93 Bismarck, Z94 Minot B93.3 Milwaukee)

A talk show in Milwaukee a few years ago talked specifically on the Z sound and how certain things, letters, sounds stood out. It was rather interesting.

Anyways, many, many changes have been noted and really, as a listener, never a jock, never in radio, just a radio geek possibly, there are good, positive changes from your building. All good!

From a passenger in the car: "all you do is listen to jingles/jocks and never listen to the songs...I hate being in a car with you!"
Anyone on this board might know that feeling, though I have gotten a bit better through the years, I guess!

Still, continued success, and thank you, Jay, for a prompt and unexpected reply!!!!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:44 pm

I checked out 107.3 online last night. I was rather impressed by the station's sound.

Good music selection, and the imaging voiceovers are excellent!
Radio station web sites that do not offer music logs or at least a "songs recently played" list are stupid.

++++

Post by ++++ » Tue May 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Noticed the subtle changes....

94-9 the Bay - Today's Hit Music

97.1 WGLQ - Today's Best Music. New jingles, sweepers.

The 97.1 is nice, as 96.7 and 97.5 are audible in MQT.

Nice to hear Q107 with the 27 year old jingle. Yikes! (sarcasm) (That station could be sooooooo good, and used to be! I actually can remember them being 24/7 live, and the Hot Fun in the Summertime jingle and Q107 stickers all over! In my opinion, when 94-9 came on in 2009, they tossed in the towel. Sad.)

Anyway, nice to flip 'tween the two to compare. A nice "radio battle" - kinda like the old WCFL-WLS CKLW-Keener, other battles.

This can only get better and RRN owns both! Well done!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic