Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fall 2023 Nielsen radio numbers are out

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Fall 2023 Nielsen radio numbers are out

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:48 pm

WKLT is number one by a mile.

However, Rock 105 managed a 7.5 share, which is easily the highest mark since flipping to Active Rock nearly 15 years ago and good for second place overall.

103.5 barely cracked a 6 share. It and 102.9 are in a virtual statistical tie, although the two stations obviously draw a preponderance of their respective audiences from different geographic areas. Never thought I'd see the day Rock 105/95.5 would outperform WTCM-FM in 12+.

Star Country seems to be sputtering, and 92.9's numbers are once again in the toilet. Any momentum from their minor format tweak appears to have vanished.

https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb535

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

ftballfan

Re: Fall 2023 Nielsen radio numbers are out

Post by ftballfan » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:30 pm

WTCM-FM is technically a rimshot as its tower is outside of the newly adjusted market boundaries!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:24 pm

As I recall, last time I checked, WTCM-FM could move back to its original site at the original WPBN-TV 7 site. So could other stations move advantageously in my opinion and studies. WTCM is now a Class C0, as I recall, the downgrade was precipitated by the drop in of 103.9 into Big Rapids, for the second time. The first time was around 1980. WTCM-FM moved to the Sherman Buckley site, which precluded 103.9, for which 102.3 was substituted in Big Rapids. WTCM-FM would have had to go up to 450 meters HAAT to stay full Class C.

It looks like there is a limitation of HAAT on the ridge West of Traverse City, limited by the proximity of the TVC airport. From my calculations, a maximum of about 870 feet HAAT, which would be Class C1. That limitation may be one reason why WPBN-TV moved away, besides the overlap with WTOM-TV 4. If the plans had been made for WTOM-TV after the Bridge was built, they might have built the WTOM-TV 4 site near Goetzville, which would also have changed the overlap situation.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:02 am

Wonder if having Cartman back in the building helped their ratings?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic