Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WJML "AM 11" heard last night

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
jlpeterson1957

Re: WJML "AM 11" heard last night

Post by jlpeterson1957 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:09 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:35 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:54 pm
They should do "WJML The Music Station" and a "JML" jingle between alternating tracks.
Assuming the master reels are still in the old building, they're probably in rough shape. Who was the JML voice guy? He probably did the liners and ID's for WMUS as well. Did PAMS do the jingles? I don't remember.
If you're talking about the voice behind the time bombs at the top of the hour and the 1/4 hour voicers, it was Lyle Dean from Chicago.

JML had both PAMS and JAM jingles over the years. When I got there in 1979 we were using the JAM jingles. Then we went to the hideous "whispers" for a while in 1981. We went back to the PAMS jingles in 1982 because they wouldn't let us use the JAM jingles.

I assume "kager" is Mark Kage?

Ben Zonia

Re: WJML "AM 11" heard last night

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:40 am

There was a close connection between Chicago Radio and News and WJML. John Harrington the original owner did news at WBBM and possibly some other stations. Lyle Dean was at WLS and WGN.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic