All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Weekend TV is Bad

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
ftballfan

Re: Weekend TV is Bad

Post by ftballfan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:05 pm

organman95 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:26 am
kager wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:32 am
Meanwhile, the FCC has all but assured that OTA TV is headed down the same road as radio.
Which is crap...but it really doesn't matter. With most (if not all) stations streaming their news broadcasts, as long as they can continue to get the adverts needed, why keep OTA transmitters? The more I think about it, getting rid of transmitters would save stations thousands of dollars a year.

Biggest problem them arises in that we STILL have at least 20% of the country without high-speed broadband internet access. I know areas of Northern MI that still rely on dial-up and have crap cell reception.
There are multiple communities in MI that have a McDonald's but don't have broadband internet access AFAIK (Carson City comes to mind)

organman95

Re: Weekend TV is Bad

Post by organman95 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:27 pm

I know. That's why I said that's where the biggest problem is. I have a few friends up in Cheboygan that literally live half a mile from the end of the Charter line. And the specific area where their houses are have shit for cell reception so tethering is out of the question, thanks to the over abundance of trees.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic