All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Nasty Tropospheric Ducting today

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Deleted User 1225

Nasty Tropospheric Ducting today

Post by Deleted User 1225 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:08 pm

Lots of stations getting beat up bad today in the northern Lower and the Straits. MacFM 106.3 getting wonked by the country 106.3 out of Escanaba. The WCBY translator on 100.7 is getting beat up by a someone playing rap or hip-hop (quite the juxtaposition from classic country :eek ).

The radio in my truck stopped on seek/scan on almost every frequency a few minutes ago.

DX anyone?


Tim



User avatar
fmdxguy5678
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:37 am
Location: TCMI
Contact:

Re: Nasty Tropospheric Ducting today

Post by fmdxguy5678 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:13 pm

Playswithtrucks wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:08 pm
Lots of stations getting beat up bad today in the northern Lower and the Straits. MacFM 106.3 getting wonked by the country 106.3 out of Escanaba. The WCBY translator on 100.7 is getting beat up by a someone playing rap or hip-hop (quite the juxtaposition from classic country :eek ).

The radio in my truck stopped on seek/scan on almost every frequency a few minutes ago.

DX anyone?


Tim
I actually got up early in the morning to get in on this tropo in TC. Picked up a lot of Chicago stations. 92.5 WFDX was getting hammered by WLAW in Newaygo over here, don't know if I'm surprised or not! And I'm pretty sure the rap station interfering with Big Country is V100.7 from Milwaukee.


WSRT 106.7 - You may have reached "The Peak", but you still struggle to climb the mountain of success.

Furthest FM Tropo Catch:
KDJS-FM 95.3 Willmar, Minnesota
Recieved on 7/3/2018, about 435 miles from Lake Township, MI

ChrisKun2K5
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:53 pm

Re: Nasty Tropospheric Ducting today

Post by ChrisKun2K5 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Could also be WOBE from Crystal Falls/Iron Mountain, or maybe even Glow 100 from Manitoulin Island.



ftballfan
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm
Location: Manistee, MI

Re: Nasty Tropospheric Ducting today

Post by ftballfan » Wed May 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Wish I was up north to join in on the fun! In Manistee, some of the Milwaukee stations (99.1 and 100.7 particularly) can get very strong at times



Deleted User 1225

Re: Nasty Tropospheric Ducting today

Post by Deleted User 1225 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:25 pm

I thought I heard a Crystal Falls area reference earlier.
ChrisKun2K5 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:14 pm
Could also be WOBE from Crystal Falls/Iron Mountain, or maybe even Glow 100 from Manitoulin Island.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 1889
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am
Location: Moderator of Reason

Re: Nasty Tropospheric Ducting today

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 23, 2018 11:14 pm

My scan landed on WGRD while driving a block away from WTCM's tower.


(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5559
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Nasty Tropospheric Ducting today

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 24, 2018 7:14 am

The WCBY translator on 100.7 is getting beat up by a someone playing rap or hip-hop (quite the juxtaposition from classic country :eek ).
You may have heard V100.7 from Racine/Milwaukee.


R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

organman95
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Nasty Tropospheric Ducting today

Post by organman95 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:17 am

ftballfan wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:22 pm
Wish I was up north to join in on the fun! In Manistee, some of the Milwaukee stations (99.1 and 100.7 particularly) can get very strong at times
Yes, not much excitement here in Manistee lol



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic