All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

WICV sold

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
ftballfan
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm
Location: Manistee, MI

WICV sold

Post by ftballfan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:22 am

https://www.rbr.com/interlochen-public- ... s-a-stick/

Not the full article, but this says that IPR is selling WICV to the Promise FM.

Wonder if more changes will happen. It's been years since I've been in that area. How do 88.5 and 88.7 come in in the Charlevoix/Boyne City/Bellaire area?



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: WICV sold

Post by audiophile » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:18 pm

The signal on 100.9 is not so hot in Petoskey and Bayview.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Nelson
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:48 pm
Location: East Jordan, MI

Re: WICV sold

Post by Nelson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:13 pm

ftballfan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:22 am
How do 88.5 and 88.7 come in in the Charlevoix/Boyne City/Bellaire area?
Poorly. Can't get either one in my office in downtown East Jordan right now. They will need to do some more work to replace 100.9's coverage in the Charlevoix/EJ area.

Here's a little more from IPR's website:
http://interlochenpublicradio.org/post/ ... cv-1009-fm

I work with an entity that has equipment on that tower, too. It will be interesting to see if/how our agreement changes if the physical tower is being sold.



tvbobn
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:25 pm

Re: WICV sold

Post by tvbobn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Sold to NORTHERN CHRISTIAN RADIO for $150,000.



ftballfan
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm
Location: Manistee, MI

Re: WICV sold

Post by ftballfan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:18 am

Nelson wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:13 pm
ftballfan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:22 am
How do 88.5 and 88.7 come in in the Charlevoix/Boyne City/Bellaire area?
Poorly. Can't get either one in my office in downtown East Jordan right now. They will need to do some more work to replace 100.9's coverage in the Charlevoix/EJ area.
Even though 88.5 upgraded recently to 50kW from near Good Hart?



Nelson
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:48 pm
Location: East Jordan, MI

Re: WICV sold

Post by Nelson » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:20 pm

ftballfan wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:18 am
Even though 88.5 upgraded recently to 50kW from near Good Hart?
Yes. 88.5 is stronger than 88.7 but still a bit spotty. My parents (also live in EJ) complained they couldn't get 88.5 very well. I had to connect their outdoor TV antenna to their stereo to get good reception.



User avatar
fmdxguy5678
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:37 am
Location: TCMI
Contact:

Re: WICV sold

Post by fmdxguy5678 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:30 am

Just scanning the FM band this morning, it appears that WICV is now The Promise FM. I briefly thought it was Big Rapids! I have no idea if this just started or happened a few days ago because I was on a spring break trip in Chicago.

Edit: new callsign is WQHN


WSRT 106.7 - You may have reached "The Peak", but you still struggle to climb the mountain of success.

Furthest FM Tropo Catch:
KDJS-FM 95.3 Willmar, Minnesota
Recieved on 7/3/2018, about 435 miles from Lake Township, MI

Nelson
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:48 pm
Location: East Jordan, MI

Re: WICV sold

Post by Nelson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:06 pm

It was still Interlochen as of Sunday. My parents are still complaining about poor signal in East Jordan and a friend of mine in Bellaire says he can't get Mac City or Interlochen. Looks like I'll be helping a few people with some antennas.



ftballfan
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm
Location: Manistee, MI

Re: WICV sold

Post by ftballfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:22 pm

This was a little surprising. Now Promise has a good signal over most of northern Michigan save for in the immediate Traverse City area (91.1 has that nasty null aimed right at TC).



User avatar
fmdxguy5678
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:37 am
Location: TCMI
Contact:

Re: WICV sold

Post by fmdxguy5678 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:48 pm

ftballfan wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:22 pm
This was a little surprising. Now Promise has a good signal over most of northern Michigan save for in the immediate Traverse City area (91.1 has that nasty null aimed right at TC).
And I know we'll never know the answer, but what would they have against good ol' TC?


WSRT 106.7 - You may have reached "The Peak", but you still struggle to climb the mountain of success.

Furthest FM Tropo Catch:
KDJS-FM 95.3 Willmar, Minnesota
Recieved on 7/3/2018, about 435 miles from Lake Township, MI

ftballfan
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm
Location: Manistee, MI

Re: WICV sold

Post by ftballfan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:39 pm

fmdxguy5678 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:48 pm
ftballfan wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:22 pm
This was a little surprising. Now Promise has a good signal over most of northern Michigan save for in the immediate Traverse City area (91.1 has that nasty null aimed right at TC).
And I know we'll never know the answer, but what would they have against good ol' TC?
I think that null dates back to when WNMC was on 90.9 (the null is aimed right at the NMC campus, not at WNMC's current site out by 7&4's studios)



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic