Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Meekhof Trashes Leonard On the Way Out

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mike

Meekhof Trashes Leonard On the Way Out

Post by Mike » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:58 pm

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 424850002/

Boo freakin' hoo, Arlan. :lol

And this may be one of the only times ever that I agree with Gary Glenn:
“I consider Majority Leader Meekhof’s comments to be reflective of his own sense of pettiness and vindictiveness,” said Glenn, suggesting Meekhof delayed action on House bills for reasons that had little do with policy. “I’m offended by it.”

And I also expect that some of us may agree with this take from Leonard (certainly the first part of it):
As for no-fault auto insurance, Leonard chalked up failed reform efforts to powerful special interest groups – including trial attorneys and the hospital lobby — that have swayed both Democratic and Republican lawmakers.

“I believe ultimately this is something that’s probably going to have to go to the ballot for the citizens to decide because I have just not seen the political will here to really attack this issue,” Leonard said.

zzand

Re: Meekhof Trashes Leonard On the Way Out

Post by zzand » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:12 am

I remember when I moved from Michigan and sat down with the agent where I moved and he looked over my policy and quoted me my rate, I was in shock at how much cheaper it was for the same coverage. He even pointed out a couple of areas where I could improve coverage, had tossed some things when I moved to Michigan to keep that silly premium down, and when all was said and one, much better coverage and saved more than 120 a month...No Fault has to go to give all Michigan drivers a much needed break.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic