Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Macy's parade

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
BFSEsq

Macy's parade

Post by BFSEsq » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Anyone come across any info on what is happening with the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade here in Detroit this year? Obviously WDIV preempts it every year for the Detroit parade. But I was just curious whether the Macy's parade will ever air at all, maybe on tape delay. I know that WDIV used to clear it and WADL would air it live, but I don't think that happens anymore. My wife is a big parade fan and I try to DVR what I can.

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Re: Macy's parade

Post by mtburb » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:09 pm

You are correct, neither WADL nor WDIV-DT3 (which now clears NBC preemptions) are airing the Macy's Parade this year. Depending on where you are, WNWO, WEYI and WILX will be airing it.

Of course WWJ will be showing CBS' Macy's Parade program, which is virtually coverage of the starting point of the parade. WTOL and WNEM will be showing that as well, but, in a twist of irony, WLNS is preempting that program to show the Detroit parade (at least part of which is indeed syndicated by WDIV).

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:44 pm

BFSEsq wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:22 pm
I was just curious whether the Macy's parade will ever air at all...
mtburb wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:09 pm
Of course WWJ will be showing CBS' Macy's Parade...
I would note that mtburb is correct in that WWJ-TV 62 will air the Macy Parade which according to the schedule I have will begin at 9am.

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:40 am

Today is here and I can confirm that none of WDIV's subchannels are showing the Macy's Parade. I'm going to flip between WDIV and WNWO.

EDIT: The Macy's Parade is also available on NBC's apps and is also being streamed on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IAsVIDhjm4

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic