Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mike Valenti - We get it

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
GusBar

Mike Valenti - We get it

Post by GusBar » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:53 pm

Tried listening to show today, we get it, don't need the constant reminder (the venting and rage on the local teams
to create material for the show/ or the new podcast) or reading texts to create the rage

Local teams stink right now, we know

If they win or lose, same constant reminder

borderboy653659200

Re: Mike Valenti - We get it

Post by borderboy653659200 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:25 pm

GusBar,dude's right that the local teams (save PERHAPS the Pistons) are unwatchable,but he has to keep saying this to distract the listeners from his slobbering,irritating Noo Yawkese and bullying Mike Sullivan,Roberto Boschian and Ryan Woolley (though not David Hull,who,though a minister,would likely kick Valenti's ugly a**,as would Yours Truly,who's two years older than Mikey V.'s old man.)

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:25 pm

GusBar,dude's right that the local teams (save PERHAPS the Pistons) are unwatchable,but he has to keep saying this to distract the listeners from his slobbering,irritating Noo Yawkese and bullying Mike Sullivan,Roberto Boschian and Ryan Woolley (though not David Hull,who,though a minister,would likely kick Valenti's ugly a**,as would Yours Truly,who's two years older than Mikey V.'s old man.)

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 pm

GusBar wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:53 pm
Tried listening to show today, we get it, don't need the constant reminder (the venting and rage on the local teams
to create material for the show/ or the new podcast) or reading texts to create the rage

Local teams stink right now, we know

If they win or lose, same constant reminder
I remember David Newman talking about Bobby Knight. Newman wondered, "What is he so damn angry about?" I've wondered the same thing about Valenti before deciding it was pointless to expose myself to his anger non-management.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:06 pm

It's human nature to enjoy hearing others rant and rave about something that we also dislike, so I think that is what he is trying to accomplish.

Music is my life.

GusBar

Post by GusBar » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:03 pm

good point stopswop2 , it makes sense

I remember early in the season the Lions won a couple games and he comes on the radio and says
I don't want to talk about the Lions until they get back to .500, then when they loss, all he does is talk about them

Then this week he complains about he is tired of talking about the Lions, why not follow suit with his coverage of the NHL/wings
Just don't talk about it

I cant stand his minions crew in the background

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic