Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

President Winfrey 2020

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

President Winfrey 2020

Post by screen glare » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:39 am

If it looks likely that Trump will run again in 2020 - I believe Winfrey will declare she is running.
If Trump trips himself - and Pence has assumed the presidency - I believe Winfrey won’t run.
Trump is her motivation to run for president. But if President Pence is running - she’ll let another Democrat easily win against him.
Winfrey doesn’t want to be president - unless it’s to save the planet from Trump. She’s now understanding she’s the only one who can beat him in 2020.

ZenithCKLW

Re: President Winfrey 2020

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:05 am

A Hollywood campaign season resulting in another Hollywood presidency, with each candidate with minimal experience and one running specifically so the other can’t be president. Exactly what this country needs to heal and unite. 🙄

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Some of the differences from Trump are:

She is not mentally ill.

She is MOSTLY seen as a midwesterner - Chicago.

She is largely seen as a teller of truth. And is not afraid to acknowledge her own failings, or to apologize.

She supports LGBTQ persons. (And some believe - may one day reveal - she is not heterosexual.)

She has leadership ability and outstanding “mass appeal charisma” - channeling those gifts into positivity.

She likes to read, learn, understand, help.

She has true sympathy, hard won empathy, and a natural generosity. A spirit of togetherness and dignity - for herself and others.

She will not say and do things that smack of treason.

She has spiritual faith and encourages your freedom of religion. Including no religion.

She supports freedom of the press.

She supports sensible gun laws.

She is for inclusive health care, education, military.

She believes in science. And encourages scientific discovery.

She will not lick the boots of dictators and move the US toward isolationism.

Yep. She’s no Trump swamp scum. That’s for sure.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:16 pm

So basically, that list makes her an average or decent human being (depending on your standards). I would agree with all your points. That list is a good minimum start, but that doesn’t make presidential material. According to that list, I would be a great president.

Tell me some things that would make her a great president, not just a person who you decided is a better person than Trump. Specifically, what does she know about governing a nation?

And I’m not a Trump supporter but this suggestion just seems foolish, kneejerk, and emotional.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:18 pm

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:46 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:39 am
If it looks likely that Trump will run again in 2020 - I believe Winfrey will declare she is running.
If Trump trips himself - and Pence has assumed the presidency - I believe Winfrey won’t run.
Trump is her motivation to run for president. But if President Pence is running - she’ll let another Democrat easily win against him.
Winfrey doesn’t want to be president - unless it’s to save the planet from Trump. She’s now understanding she’s the only one who can beat him in 2020.
She has already said she is out. Sorry.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:00 pm

I thought she said she wasn't actually going to run and it was just something a friend of her's said.

ya exactly NS8401

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic