Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Open Letter to The Grateful Dead Station

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
TC Talks

Re: Open Letter to The Grateful Dead Station

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:19 pm

The station was down last night after the severe storms...

Hal Payne, Phil Orth and Michael O'Shea. WCCW was quite a station of swank.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:35 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:28 am
I wonder how many wannabe broadcasters have looked at Yob's stations? My best guess is "not many"

As for Roy's stations, yes, there was a time when the Benzie and Manistee stations were billing between $12,000 and $25,000 a month. However, a mild winter is all it took to unravel those numbers. Collections in Manistee were always a challenge, even in the 70's and 80's when my friend Chuck Hedstrom was there.

John Chickering, Chuck Hedstrom, Roger Hoppe, and Marc Rosseels were very wise to exit laughing when they did. I could say the same thing about Fabiano-Strickler (WCCW) in TC. I'm still a little mad at Hal Payne (R.I.P) for talking me into going up there. But hey, that's showbiz.
I'm all but assuming those billing figures were before Q101 (now Eagle 101.5) and WMOM came on. I knew that Chickering owned WKLA AM/FM, Hedstrom had WMTE AM/FM, and Hoppe had WRQT. What station (or stations) did Marc Rosseels own in that area?

Also, is John Yob related to Chuck Yob, who was a member of the RNC for many years?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:06 pm

ftballfan wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:35 pm
Also, is John Yob related to Chuck Yob, who was a member of the RNC for many years?
Some of these were Chuck's stations.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic