Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 2-20-2018 at 5:30p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating newly registered accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

BobFM

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
yeardly

BobFM

Post by yeardly » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Does any one here listen to BobFM? I enjoy the format and have listened on my drive to work on and off for the past two years but I feel the quality in dropping fast. Finster and Mickey both have qualities I like in a morning team but over the past month or two it’s the all Finster show. Going from funny to irritating really quick. Want to know other listeners thoughts on this.

Mars

Re: BobFM

Post by Mars » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Huh, is that thing still on the air? :shock:

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:56 am

I was pretty excited about the format when it was launched because the music mix was actually interesting. These days it's turned into a combination of wklt and the fox. I don't know where the music that is targeted at Gen-X went but I stopped listening 6 months ago and it's off my presets.

I can tell you my wife doesn't mind Fenster, he's just not my cup of tea. I suspect they're going more heavily towards women than they were when they launched.
(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 am

I don't mind the music but can't stand the "Bob" commercials. They're just so stoopid and they are read in such a "hyped" way I can't stand to listen. Nah, I'll pass. Bob isn't in my presets anymore. Can't speak about the morning show, though; haven't listened. I find most of the morning shows around here are irritating, especially the ones on the rock stations. If they covered local issues, local politics, local musicians, and had interesting commentary, and so on, I'd listen. (Oh wait -- that's what Ron Jolly does! :P ) If the show is just a lame attempt at comedy, though, I'll pass.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Which station sounds best between CCW-FM, Fox, and Bob?
Riding Amtrak is dangerous.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:04 am

Fox. Though I haven't listened to WCCW in a while; they used to play stuff that was a bit older than I was interested in. Maybe they've updated their format now.

yeardly

Post by yeardly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm

I still like BobFM’s format the best. I can hear AC/DC one minute then Bruno Mars the next. Which is great because I love music of all types. It’s more about the morning show for me. Finster tells dumb jokes and Mickey sympathy giggling and making fun of his simple ness always makes me laugh which is no easy task in the morning.

Last few months tho it’s Finster this and Finster that I did this I did that I went there best ______ ever and it’s like Mickey is there to just host games and do the news. I find his stories when he can actually get a word in edge wise to be much more interesting but it’s the Finster show I guess.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic