Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 7-16-2017 at 6:00p ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

106.3 Interlochen is now on the air

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
ftballfan
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm
Location: Ypsilanti, MI

Re: 106.3 Interlochen is now on the air

Post by ftballfan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 pm

94.9 Scottville and/or 96.7 Cadillac, along with 95.3 in Indian River, should consider a classic country flip. All are likely getting killed by TCM in their own backyards.

jaydubs
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: 106.3 Interlochen is now on the air

Post by jaydubs » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:06 pm

I've been listening to this via streaming for the first time in a while and I have not noticed a single commercial, TOH (or any) station ID, jingle, bumper...anything. Just what seems like a never-ending MP3 collection from some hipsterish iPhone. Is this what the on-air product is like, too, or are they running some sort of alternate stream for some reason?

hunterw
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:51 pm
Location: Ludington, Fort Myers Beach FL

Re: 106.3 Interlochen is now on the air

Post by hunterw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Also I'm in manistee and 107.7 is smile fm. Did they change or sell 107.7?

Milk
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: 106.3 Interlochen is now on the air

Post by Milk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:27 pm

hunterw wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:25 pm
Also I'm in manistee and 107.7 is smile fm. Did they change or sell 107.7?
Yes.

jaydubs
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: 106.3 Interlochen is now on the air

Post by jaydubs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 am

It must have been a temporary automation problem (although it took them a couple of days to figure it out)... it sounds more like an actual radio station once again.
jaydubs wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:06 pm
I've been listening to this via streaming for the first time in a while and I have not noticed a single commercial, TOH (or any) station ID, jingle, bumper...anything. Just what seems like a never-ending MP3 collection from some hipsterish iPhone. Is this what the on-air product is like, too, or are they running some sort of alternate stream for some reason?

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 3850
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: 106.3 Interlochen is now on the air

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:41 pm

You raise a good point, Mr. Dubs.

Does this station (106.3 The Mitten) have any paid advertising yet?
Radio station web sites that do not offer music logs or at least a "songs recently played" list are stupid.

tvbobn
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:25 pm

Re: 106.3 Interlochen is now on the air

Post by tvbobn » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:09 am

ftballfan wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 pm
94.9 Scottville and/or 96.7 Cadillac, along with 95.3 in Indian River, should consider a classic country flip. All are likely getting killed by TCM in their own backyards.
Your are incorrect in thinking that WTCM has very much listening north of the TC area. In the Straits including Charlevoix/Petoskey/Harbor Springs area the main country station by far in ratings is WMKC. Since Doc Benson built it in 1982, it's been THE local country station that is to that area like WTCM is to Traverse City. 95.3 in Indian River is an afterthought as is the WTCM satellite (WBCM 93.5). The main country stations in Northern Michigan are WTCM to the south and WMKC to the north. All the others including the newer country stations are not winning the loyal listeners away from those two stations. Look at how poor WLDR did against WTCM and the same goes for WBCM against WMKC.

The other point to consider with your post is WCBY in Cheboygan. It's an Classic Country AM, but it has a translator that just screams all over the tip of the mit! I've listened to a solid signal as far away as Onaway to the SE of their tower site. This station is a sister station to WMKC, so it's being sold by the same sales people.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests