Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 9:45a ET have been activated.  

It is currently Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WSUE Rock 101
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:48 pm 

Does anybody know what's going on with WSUE's website (www.rock101.net)? When I search Google all I get is their Facebook page and the various streaming outlets. When I go to the aforementioned website nothing happens.

Post subject: Re: WSUE Rock 101
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:07 am 

Dead. Maybe the Russians... oh, never mind...

Last snapshot captured by the Internet Wayback Machine was April 2016; last crawl in October...

https://web.archive.org/web/20160428193 ... ck101.net/

They may be unaware their site is dead air; if you really want to know why, you could always call them @ the number listed on the site then:

855-876-2536

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:21 pm 

Seems like the tools have gone to Facebook. I found a site there via google. Why should I have to get a login to see your website? What about the non-Facebook users? Too bad? That is a crock. Then again, so is their logo and some of their programming choices. Who is running this place? Horrible 1980s guitar logo, no real website, WSOO plays horrendous 45 LP music. I would have kept 1400 talk and made 1230 ESPN radio. But, that would have been much simpler. Go figure.

oh yeah, and the 100kW stations (WSUE, WYSS, WMKD) operating from 200 ft off the ground. What kind of idiotic engineering is that? What a WASTE! Get it up 500 or 1000 ft or drop the power.

It seems like a dumpster fire of an operation. I feel pity for the people that work there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:06 pm 

swiat wrote:
Seems like the tools have gone to Facebook..........Why should I have to get a login to see your website? What about the non-Facebook users?.......That is a crock.

It seems like a dumpster fire of an operation. I feel pity for the people that work there.

Younger people, now making decisions like this, are all about Fake Book, although Fake Book itself is going out of vogue with the REAL young people.

Fake Book, beyond it's ability to allow you to post fake news and pretend you or your business are more interesting / successful / whatever than they really are, allows some marketing tools in terms of 'likes', but I understand that, as a cheap alternative, will be short lived.....they intend to force businesses to pay for it.

In my mind, having an actual web presence vs. a Fake Book page for a business separates the real businesses with serious marketing from the rubes who are fooling around. Just this past weekend I decided I wanted some logo wear from a small town I visited, and their 'shirt shop' only has a Fake Book presence. After struggling around on it, finding lots of photos but no way to order, I decided I have enough hoodies and T shirts already, and abandoned the mission and put my credit card back in my wallet.

They lost out, and in a town of less than a thousand, I suspect that hurts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:35 pm 

OK, now 99.5 YES FM has no website. How cheap can you get? It's $10/yr for a domain name and maybe $100 for hosting at Go Daddy.
Pathetic. All you have to do is sell space to one company and it is paid for the entire year!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:16 pm 

swiat wrote:
Seems like the tools have gone to Facebook. I found a site there via google. Why should I have to get a login to see your website? What about the non-Facebook users? Too bad? That is a crock. Then again, so is their logo and some of their programming choices. Who is running this place? Horrible 1980s guitar logo, no real website, WSOO plays horrendous 45 LP music. I would have kept 1400 talk and made 1230 ESPN radio. But, that would have been much simpler. Go figure.

oh yeah, and the 100kW stations (WSUE, WYSS, WMKD) operating from 200 ft off the ground. What kind of idiotic engineering is that? What a WASTE! Get it up 500 or 1000 ft or drop the power.

One advantage is you can do chin-ups on the antenna bays... :blink

WYSS and WMKD did build a new SST tower, although it's not any higher than old one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:54 am 

Let's not forget that Sovereign is partly owned by Tim Sabean of Howard Stern/Sirius fame, so the dude has some bucks. They just bought WYKX and WDBC in Esky.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:03 pm 

audiophile wrote:
swiat wrote:

One advantage is you can do chin-ups on the antenna bays... :blink

WYSS and WMKD did build a new SST tower, although it's not any higher than old one.

I wonder if there are height restrictions in that part of Chippewa County. WGTQ and WWUP are on tall towers, but they're all the way near Goetzville.