All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Mystery station received at 90.1 MHz near Webberville

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Mystery station received at 90.1 MHz near Webberville

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 pm

On back-to-back days while driving along I-96 this weekend, I briefly picked up a station playing Rhythmic CHR-type music in eastern Ingham County.

The processing was really, really good. The signal? Not so much, but I am unsure as to the location of origin.

I am wondering if this is a pirate? I doubt WUCX in Bay City or WYBA in Coldwater would be playing such music.

The hideous electronic billboards in each end zone make Spartan Stadium look like a corny Arena Football League venue!

bmw

Re: Mystery station received at 90.1 MHz near Webberville

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:20 pm

DX from Canada to Michigan has been VERY strong the past few days. Could be a station from Ontario.

Maybe 90.1 CBBS from Sudbury, Ontario? 50k watt station broadcasting CBC Music format.

Some searching turns up nothing else really on that frequency in Ontario or Michigan or surrounding states that fits. There's a few High School and college stations but none with enough power at the distance they're at for you to have heard any of those.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:54 am

I'm thinking tropo may have been active. Perhaps this was a station from down south?

On Saturday afternoon, WTCM was conflicting with WMUZ quite noticeably in the same area.

The hideous electronic billboards in each end zone make Spartan Stadium look like a corny Arena Football League venue!

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:35 pm

Likely ahoy matey!

RingtailedFox
Location: A raccoon's nest high up in a tree in west Windsor, Ontario

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:20 am

Did you take a note of the frequency? perhaps that could help narrow down the list of suspected stations you picked up... but if it's not one of them, then yeah... don the eyepatch and get a parrot, 'cause it's likely a pirate station :P

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Not sure what you mean; the frequency is in the subject line of the OP.

RingtailedFox
Location: A raccoon's nest high up in a tree in west Windsor, Ontario

Post by RingtailedFox » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:46 am

oh, duh.. sorry. massive brainfart on my end. :P

I did some searching on rhythmic CHR stations in Ontario... there are none in all of Canada on 90.1 MHz. Pretty sure it's a surprisingly good sounding pirate station. :D

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:33 pm

I'm with you. I'm thinking pirate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic