All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Filed Against WLNS

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:27 am

Courtesy: WILX-TV Via TVNewsCheck

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Sexual ... 31441.html

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Filed Against WLNS

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 pm

I don't know who Evan Pinsonnault is, but he seems like a real creep if the allegations against him are true.

The hideous electronic billboards in each end zone make Spartan Stadium look like a corny Arena Football League venue!

tvradiojunkie

Post by tvradiojunkie » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:01 pm

He was a morning anchor there for several years. He left a few years ago.

autolab

Post by autolab » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:10 am

Nexstar needs to clean house. The GM and news director need to be let go in order to restore trust. The HR director, the assistant news director should step down also. New leadership is long overdue.

But looking at WILX's report, it appeared that both David and Ann were gloating at the troubles faced by their former station. Andrews was fired by TV6. Emmerich left over a contract dispute with news director Jam Sardar. That past history wasn't disclosed.

And I didn't understand why WILX's report included an unrelated dispute over WLNS's coverage of the Larry Nassar case. The case over alleged sexual harassment and retaliation at WLNS is bad enough. But no on camera interviews from anyone -- accuser Cheryl Fritz, former morning anchor Evan P, news director Jam Sardar, GM Bob Simone. No one? Just reading court documents now accounts for investigative reporting. Really? TV6 may be a bad place to work, but TV10 appears to be a bad place for journalism.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Defendants usually won't comment on pending litigation. I believe some of the individuals you named were contacted by WILX for the story but did not respond.

If corporate or the station comments, it usually some sort of puffy PR-type response, e.g. "We take allegations of sexual harassment in the workplace very seriously...blah blah blah."

At least Evan P. was fired, unlike the Malcom Maddox / WXYZ situation where (a) Maddox remained in WXYZ's employ for several years after his misconduct was first brought to light and (b) was actually f*cking promoted during that time!

The hideous electronic billboards in each end zone make Spartan Stadium look like a corny Arena Football League venue!

autolab

Post by autolab » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:44 am

Culture starts at the top. That TV 6 allegedly allowed Cheryl to be fired for speaking out is as bad as the alleged harassment itself. That's why they need to clean house. Nexstar needs a new GM, news director, assistant news director, and HR director if anyone should trust that speaking out about sexual harassment at WLNS won't result in the whistleblower being fired.

Same should have happened at WXYZ.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:25 am

You are assuming that's the reason she was fired. You might be correct. If that is indeed what occurred, it's sickening and I hope Nexstar is forced to pay a big settlement or judgment in Ms. Fritze's favor.

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:30 pm
At least Evan P. was fired, unlike the Malcom Maddox / WXYZ situation where (a) Maddox remained in WXYZ's employ for several years after his misconduct was first brought to light and (b) was actually f*cking promoted during that time!
Evan wasn’t fired - he quit on his own after his girlfriend got a job in either LA.

Check out this article from Lansing State Journal:

WLNS morning anchor Evan Pinsonnault leaving for California

http://on.lsj.com/1Bzwpk3

When I read about this lawsuit and her allegations he was fired, I thought it was BS. I googled it and found the story from the State Journal and WILX confirming that.

Not an optimist or pestimist, but a realist on life

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic