All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

News10 rant

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
KevakaTheGr8

News10 rant

Post by KevakaTheGr8 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:27 pm

I used to watch WILX a lot, but what I really hate is the way they program their evening news. WILX is boring enough, especially when they replaced good (by the definition of my childish mind of someone starting 7th grade) shows like Lazytown with a block of documentaries that probably nobody watches (even if they didn’t replace it, Universal Kids/Sprout lost the rights to a lot of their good shows in 2017 anyway), but that’s not the point of this post. What I really mean is how the evening news is programmed. Since Michigan is in so-called “flyover country,” all the news is centred around the coasts, which makes the NBC news program right after that kinda boring. However, the reason why there’s also the local news is so they can also report on local happenings. But for some reason, WILX doesn’t seem to be willing to do it in the 6pm news, because 60% of it is sports, 30% is ads, 5% is weather, and 5% percent is actual news. They also publish the stories on their website, but they’re only about 1 sentence long, like when they report on the 5% of actual news on the 6pm “news” program. Compared to WILX’s kindergarten-length articles, articles from other stations like WKAR would be like a sixth-grate level essay. (Also something unrelated: I really hate their new news lower thirds)

high fidelity

Re: News10 rant

Post by high fidelity » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:57 pm

Plus, with their 11 pm news Monday-Friday, they have no sports, just a commentary from Tim.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:35 pm

Wow - that's really lame. No sportscast on an 11PM newscast in a Big Ten town? Pitiful.

There normally is a lot more to talk about in the sports world at 11PM than there is at 6PM.

If I lived in Lansing, I'd be watching channel 6, I guess.

The hideous electronic billboards in each end zone make Spartan Stadium look like a corny Arena Football League venue!

KevakaTheGr8

Post by KevakaTheGr8 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:52 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:35 pm
Wow - that's really lame. No sportscast on an 11PM newscast in a Big Ten town? Pitiful.

There normally is a lot more to talk about in the sports world at 11PM than there is at 6PM.

If I lived in Lansing, I'd be watching channel 6, I guess.
What do they air on WLNS, anyway? The only broadcast station's I watched are WLIX, WKAR, WDIV, WGBH, WGBX, WUCF (I think), and WTTW, most of the stations on the list are noncommercial stations in other cities far away fro here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic