Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Worst Cars Ever Made

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Worst Cars Ever Made

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 pm

At least I can say I never owned any of these. I can't attribute that to my automotive acumen. It's just that, back in the day when most of these were on the market, I didn't even have five cents to make a down payment.

http://www.topcarlists.com/2018/08/02/t ... -part-1-3/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Re: Worst Cars Ever Made

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:46 am

I can understand the Vega on this list, but the Lexus and Lincoln probably don't belong here.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:05 am

Anything Fiat has ever produced belongs on the list.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:13 am

Including their Chrysler lineup.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:02 am

My first car was a 1974 AMC Hornet. If there was ever a worse car made by human hands, I feel deep sorrow for anyone who owned or drove it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:26 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:02 am
My first car was a 1974 AMC Hornet. If there was ever a worse car made by human hands, I feel deep sorrow for anyone who owned or drove it.

Thanks for your words of commiseration, Vic. I owned that worse car. A VW Beetle.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:03 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:26 pm
Thanks for your words of commiseration, Vic. I owned that worse car. A VW Beetle.
Easy there. That remains the most produced car in history. If you had trouble with a beetle, it's likely user error.

The hornet was built in Kenosha, just down from the Miller plant.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:03 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:26 pm
Easy there. That remains the most produced car in history. If you had trouble with a beetle, it's likely user error.

The hornet was built in Kenosha, just down from the Miller plant.
It wasn't user error. It was buyer error. >:

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:33 pm

I hate to admit it but I owned a 2003 Pontiac Aztek. My Silverado was starting to nickel and dime me and this was around the time that gas first hit $4 a gallon. It was actually a comfortable driving and riding vehicle (my wife liked driving it too) but the one I owned was a lemon. When it was assembled in Mexico (and this is the reason I’ll never buy a GM Mexico vehicle again), someone must have been on siesta when it came to connecting the rubber hose underneath the roof to drain rain water. Three separate times during downpours, the digital dash started going on the fritz and the roof liner from the middle to passenger side became sopped. Finally diagnosed after the 3rd time. Ended up selling it after less than 2 years after hitting a deer and literally watching fiberglass blow up.

Was also looking at a Chevy Trailblazer at the time but it was more expensive and got less gas mileage. Happened to drive a brand new one from a rental company a couple of years later (had 96 miles on it when I rented it) and quickly realized I should have bought that.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:27 pm

The Renault Dope Fiend has always ranked near the top of this kind of list.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:27 pm
The Renault Dope Fiend has always ranked near the top of this kind of list.

It's there. #33
The Dauphine is a great-looking car with an even greater name, but it was so unreasonably slow it made Beetles of the time seem quick. The 32 horsepower rear-mounted engine could officially propel the car to 60 mph in 24 seconds, but road testers found it won’t even do 60 mph if conditions were not perfect (that means a completely flat surface with no head wind at all).

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:42 pm

I stopped reading after the Lexus.
When a list of worst cars mentions one of the entries "quality and reliability", its worthless. Quality and reliability are the 2 things that no vehicle can offer and stay on a "worst" list.
And Ive known a few Chevette owners who thought they were pretty good. Cheap and slow, yes. But reliable and easy to maintain.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:27 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:05 am
The old joke is FIAT us an acronym for fix it again Tony

I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:36 am

To me the word FIAT means scam to me, and that was before they came back to US market.

IE "fiat currency".

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

kager

Post by kager » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:32 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:27 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:05 am
The old joke is FIAT us an acronym for fix it again Tony
Funny how close to one of the many FORD acronyms that is.

The first car my parents bought for me to drive was a '72 Vega. The challenge with that car was not the manual transmission, but driving down a dirt road in the rain: The line of rust holes that formed on the top of the front fenders allowed the tires to fling mud thru them and onto your windshield.

My vote to worst car was the '74 Ford Galaxy 500 I was forced to buy after totaling the Vega. It was an ugly green, vinyl roofed, boxy shitshow. Worse than the optical assault was its powerplant: the gutless 351 Windsor guzzled gas and oil.

Haven't owned another F-bomb since paying to have that one towed away forever...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic