Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Annual Correspondent’s Dinner

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Annual Correspondent’s Dinner

Post by screen glare » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:41 am

I enjoyed hearing from the historian rather than a comedian. Far better way to encourage freedom of the press - giving historical context re the proper adversarial relationship between the press and each US president.

I also enjoyed Trump’s symptomatic NPD-lead decision to once again not attend the correspondent’s dinner. Because of course Narcissistic Personality Disorder would prevent him from ever exchanging barbs with good humor. Instead he coats and saturates himself with undeserved adoration from his true believers at a rally.

During that lie-fest he reads from his teleprompter an insincere (tips his head like a confused dog; sing-songs the words) few sentences of condolence re the San Diego synagogue fatal terrorist attack.

God help our country - with this mentally ill, unfit, anti-US Constitution, fascist in the White House.

screen glare

Re: Annual Correspondent’s Dinner

Post by screen glare » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 am

No, Jumpy. Talkin bout Trump.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Annual Correspondent’s Dinner

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:39 pm
screen glare wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:41 am
I enjoyed hearing from the historian rather than a comedian. Far better way to encourage freedom of the press - giving historical context re the proper adversarial relationship between the press and each US president.

I also enjoyed Trump’s symptomatic NPD-lead decision to once again not attend the correspondent’s dinner. Because of course Narcissistic Personality Disorder would prevent him from ever exchanging barbs with good humor. Instead he coats and saturates himself with undeserved adoration from his true believers at a rally.

During that lie-fest he reads from his teleprompter an insincere (tips his head like a confused dog; sing-songs the words) few sentences of condolence re the San Diego synagogue fatal terrorist attack.

God help our country - with this mentally ill, unfit, anti-US Constitution, fascist in the White House.
Oh, thought you were talking about cops here.
When the only tool you use is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

- Last night's fortune cookie

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic