Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Democrats call on Virginia governor to resign.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FET-500

Re: Democrats call on Virginia governor to resign.

Post by FET-500 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:33 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:36 am
You've conflated "ethnicity" and "race" and in doing so have illustrated my point better than I could have on my own; thank you.
If you don't understand the longstanding conflation of these terms, you were not around in the 1960s, when R & B formatted stations were described as Ethnic. Now the buzzword is Urban, but that is relatively new. That would suggest that all urban homesteaders involved in neighborhood gentrification are Black.

Well the US Census has been doing some reverse conflating of its own in order to suggest that the White population is shrinking. If Latinos/Hispanics are suddenly considered a separate race, rather than White Hispanics, pardon the convenient term used to describe George Zimmerman, suddenly, the White population decreases. It has certainly been hotly debated at high levels of government as to whether Hispanics are more useful the Liberals as a separate Race rather than a White Ethnicity. By redefining terms, you've suddenly decreased the number of so called "deplorables". How conveeeeeeeenient!

BTW, I once had a client who had registered under the name Joe Martinez. I needed his given first name for the transaction, so I asked if it was Jose'. No, it was Joseph, in the tradition of assimilated Roman Catholics. And a huqe percentage of Hispanics prefer assimilation. That's why Spanish Language radio has not taken off in Michigan except with national media buyers who don't understand their assimilation.

The next Hit Broadway Show. LES DEPLORABLES.
Ethnicity is a social construct, that you or anyone else confuses it's meaning does not alter the fact that it has nothing to do with race.

Where is your client Joseph in the casta ? A Mestizo? Do you see what I did just there?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:22 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:03 am
Anderson Cooper and CNN were so perplexed that Northam is a Democrat and they aren't able to MF a Republican, the segment where Northam issued an apology, the CNN chyron identified him as a Republican.
You can't really blame CNN, after all he is acting like a Republican.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:17 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:22 pm
Bryce wrote:
Anderson Cooper and CNN were so perplexed that Northam is a Democrat and they aren't able to MF a Republican, the segment where Northam issued an apology, the CNN chyron identified him as a Republican.
Ehhhhhh. Them weren't Republicans wearing those white robes mister. Them weren't Republicans passing Jim Crow laws my friend.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Ehhhhhh. Them weren't Republicans wearing those white robes mister. Them weren't Republicans passing Jim Crow laws my friend.
Those were today’s Republicans before the post 1964 (civil rights act) realignment. The parties flip flopped much to your chagrin.... sorry.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:38 am

NS8401 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:52 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Those were today’s Republicans before the post 1964 (civil rights act) realignment. The parties flip flopped much to your chagrin.... sorry.
Bullshit...

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:51 am

NS8401 wrote:
Are you suggesting that Harry Truman would have been a modern-day Republican or that Dwight Eisenhower would have been a modern-day Democrat?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:05 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:51 am
NS8401 wrote:
Are you suggesting that Harry Truman would have been a modern-day Republican or that Dwight Eisenhower would have been a modern-day Democrat?
Essentially... Richard Nixon’s southern strategy and Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society plus the civil rights act caused a realignment of the parties. Why do you suppose all the blacks went from republican to Democrat and all the white southerners went from Democrat to Republican? This is pretty fundmental political trivia... the Democratic and Republican parties before 1964 are dead and what we have now are two parties that have the same names but have largely traded places... yes they still feel the same way about Government size... but the voters have done the moving around and it was based on race and southern folks.... that’s why suddenly the south is solid red instead of solid blue.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:00 pm

Hmmmm...

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182

Looks like there was a whole bunch more Democratic opposition than Republican opposition.

So are you saying that starting in 1965 it was Republicans wearing white robes and burning crosses? You're nuts.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Yea.. that's not how it went down NS

Music is my life.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:48 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:48 pm
Based on what evidence?

There are volumes written about what NS is suggesting.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:15 pm

Can you provide the docs?

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:17 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:48 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:48 pm
Based on what evidence?

There are volumes written about what NS is suggesting.
And I never said it happened overnight... the south started switching from blue to red with Nixon and his southern strategy in 1968 and was complete with W’s victory in 2000. Channeling the racial views of Converting Democrats angry that their party had helped to push through the civil rights legislation was the cornerstone of the GOP’s strategy for decades.

We are undergoing a second realignment with disaffected blue collar types going GOP and college educated suburbanites going Democrat. These things have happened throughout our history. To suggest a party is always the same over 6 or 7 or 8 decades is naive at best and dishonest at worst.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:16 pm

So...

Does Jimmy Kimmel get a pass?

If so, why?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:28 pm

That's Jimmy Kimmel?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:31 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:28 pm
That's Jimmy Kimmel?
Yup. A more portly version than you see today.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic