Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

WHTV sold in the FCC auction

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
wsummers

Re: WHTV sold in the FCC auction

Post by wsummers » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:21 am

According to the State Journal My Network TV will move to 47.4 beginning October 9.

Otter Mii-kun

Post by Otter Mii-kun » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:25 pm

^I was expecting the MyNetworkTV "syndicated programming service" would end up on a subchannel of WSYM, given that MNT is co-owned with Fox. As for the syndicated programming (both first-run and off-network repeats) formerly held by WHTV, that's a whole 'nother question entirely (though I believe Jerry Springer was picked up by WLAJ's CW subchannel, and it's possible that whatever syndicated fare hasn't since been taken over by competing stations might very well end up on the new 47.4).
Isn't it nice how deregulation has brought us such oversized and dangerously overleveraged broadcast owners? (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Sinclair, Nexstar, Cume-U-Less, and iFart!)

mvcg66b3r

Post by mvcg66b3r » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:15 pm

wsummers wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:21 am
According to the State Journal My Network TV will move to 47.4 beginning October 9.
Link please?

wsummers

Post by wsummers » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:51 am

tvradiojunkie

Post by tvradiojunkie » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 am

47.4 is apparently on the air, running the FOX Fall Preview show. Assuming they're testing.

Edit: They're running it on a loop, so obviously in test mode.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic